its all about pure math

Discussion in 'Trading' started by miss asian, Oct 31, 2011.

1. Ok.. guys
    [8:29:44 AM] ForexQuantMe: Above EPT bullish
    [8:29:49 AM] ForexQuantMe: below EPT bearish
    [8:30:02 AM] ForexQuantMe: above you buy targeting Upper limit
    [8:30:10 AM] ForexQuantMe: Below You sell targeting lower limit
    [8:30:34 AM] ForexQuantMe: when price reaches uppper limit, market turns ( sell)
    [8:30:47 AM] ForexQuantMe: when price reaches Lower limit You ( Buy)
    [8:30:58 AM] ForexQuantMe: these are general rules to use
    [8:31:21 AM] ForexQuantMe: in between we get some setups for intraday .. but can only been seen when it happens live

#41     Nov 1, 2011
  2. Sorry but you can't be taken seriously if you think HFT utilizes MA crossovers.

#42     Nov 1, 2011
  3. ammo

ammo

well we just hit the 1 3656 low to the tick

#43     Nov 1, 2011
  4. you missed my sarcasm.

#44     Nov 1, 2011
  5. I disagree with you there friend. Without context, it's just an algebraic expression. In the context of physics, it's Maxwell's equation. In the context of dispersion trading (for example), it's a correlation adjustment factor;

That's what I mean by without context.

Had you quoted a latin phrase such as... say, Cogito ergo sum, it's still meaningless without context even though the phrase itself may be well known.

#45     Nov 1, 2011
  6. In keeping with the "pure math" title, how about a pure mathematician (group theorist) named Tits. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jacques_Tits

#46     Nov 1, 2011
  7. lol yes, heard of him. The Tits Group. What an awesome titty bar in Montreal!

#47     Nov 1, 2011
  8. Bob111

Bob111

after 6 pages i still see no math here..sorry about MY english..maybe i'm missing something...no method explanation either.what are we talking about here? i have no idea..
    if one want to talk about method or ideas then what i would expect is description of it..to start-how the price levels are calculated?

#48     Nov 1, 2011
  9. bob this person just started trading look at my link

#49     Nov 1, 2011
  10. Why don't you start with some math? I already asked a question:

"My first question is whether it is posisble to have a non-certain risk of ruin with win probability of 50%."

#50     Nov 1, 2011