It's all about being disciplined and organized

Discussion in 'Trading' started by framework, Dec 21, 2005.

1. Hi,

when you configure Trading Framework for your trading plan, you specify the list of valid reasons for each price (entry, stop, target) and for each type of action (buy, sell, short, cover, set stop).

When you actually plan your trade or document your actions, you are presented with the appropriate list of reasons. So whenever you set a price or take an action, it is very clear when you are not following your trading plan.

This process makes it very hard to lie to yourself.

There is also the money management aspect. You specify your maximum risk per trade and the maximum share size is calculated for you. You don't just randomly pick a share size without knowing your risk.

So in summary, you plan each trade with the right share size, everything you do has a reason from your plan, plus everything you can do with comments, the journal, etc...

Of course the software does not force you to do all those things but it sure makes it hard to lie to yourself.

#41     Dec 22, 2005
  2. ===============
    Coolweb;
    Yes, thats an important part of disciplined /organized plan.

Where i would disagree is paid just a little bit more for 10pak of a brand name pen;
    but agree with multicolors deal and screensavers deal.:cool:

And use a pencil for less important notes/quotes;
    bank gave me a free replacement , when i asked them to resharpen my '' little pencil stub'':cool:

#42     Dec 23, 2005
  3. NKNY

NKNY

Lol...:p

#43     Dec 23, 2005
  4. NKNY

NKNY

Yes, and I would also like to add, I thought he was giving it away the way he made it sound..

You know, now that I'm successful, I will make this software that helped me available to other traders blah blah blah...

Sounds like you want to help traders but in reality your really looking to profit from traders...

Trying to get back some of your losses maybe...

No offence but since your not giving it away, you really should be paying to advertise.

Nick

#44     Dec 23, 2005
  5. First of all, I never said I was such a successful trader - I don't need to share this information because it is not relevant to selling software. If I was selling a strategy or a trading system, that would be different. All that matters to me is that I am 100% confident that all the info on my web site is true - let me know if you disagree.

Of course I want to make a profit with this software. But I do actually enjoy helping other traders.

I agree with you and I will pay for advertising. I just released this software and it is nice to get some feedback other traders may have. However, this posting is generating interest and a healthy discussion. That's what forums is all about, more so than the useless message you just posted.

Perhaps you're the one with the losses and the frustration...

#45     Dec 23, 2005