It's about time...

Discussion in 'Feedback' started by cstfx, Jun 13, 2010.

1. There are no immensely profitable traders here. However, there are plenty of touts who will try to con you out of your cash because of their "system" or service. Some of these touts may even appear to be profitable or excellent traders, but thats all illusion and a magic show created for the audience. I have seen plenty of magicians in my lifetime make things disappear in front of my eyes. All illusion.

Usually desparate and unprofitable traders come to places like Elitetrader. The touts know this so they hang out here offering their guidance and attracting new money.

All I know is that whatever you hand them, you will never see it back...

If you have a profitable business strategy, why would you publish it? Does Coke publish its soda formulas? Does Apple come out to reveal its future development of the Iphone? Profitable traders will never reveal their secrets. This site is not filled with them, but conman and touts ready to pounce on individuals in a desperate situation...

Take a moment and re-read and think about what I just typed;) You will better understand this site if you do...

#11     Jun 20, 2010

2. Excellent points, Pops.

Adding this ONE ....

ET is loaded to the hilt with the most selfish cocksuckers I've ever seen. In any business in America, a boss would put these mothers out with a kick in the ass and ADIOS! Almost NOBODY puts out here. Never mind about the secrets (caviar) - what about giving a fellow a glass of cold water, a sandwich, a tip or two, some guidance coming from the heart?

Example so big because it accounts for EVERYTHING in America because no money is made until a sale is made ........

newbies into a salesforce are taught the basics and then each is made to go out on the job and watch and learn from an extant pro. The pro pours his heart out - he most liikely will not give out his secret weapons, but heck there is a whole lot of muscle between knowing zip and the other extreme, sales closing pro.

Americans are a generous and benevolent people - when we're not crashing and rebuilding countries we see as CUNT-RIES.

The americans here at ET are a fckin disgrace to America. I've never ever met or seen such dopey-ass pricks - even the fellows who hang around the greyhound busstations are kinder and more generous.

Traderzones and Cabletrader not included in the above tirade (the latter is not american anyway)

The rest can SMD!

#12     Jun 20, 2010
  3. Pops mentioned elsewhere that a trading contest would set things straight - if I've misstated this, my apologies in advance.

Baron could just openly state that all ET-ers with post #s greater than 200 or 500 are requested to participate. A separate forum called "contest" could be created.

Traders would participate with their own usernames. And dig this, in line with ET's soul let the contest be PURE DEMO TRADING.
    Let it run for 3-6 months. Winner determined on a % basis.

Then we will know who is swimming naked. Just think what this would do for newbies - fck, they'd go into rapture in an ogonblick - no more wading thru' reams and reams of thoughting - who are the DEMO pros? .... can be ascertained in a heartbeat.

50 bucks that not more than 1-4 ET'ers would even make a 5% return on Capital in a 6-month test.

And the creme de la creme would be to see that retired navy prick, Rennick try to pull a fast one with his, "Dow's going to dump at 2:30, watch out boys" .... No baby, he's going to have to state the stock, the entry, the stop, the target and the #shares ALL within seconds.

50 bucks says this buffoon can't trade worth a shit. If he can even turn a loss less than 5% I'll buy him a beer, some new speedos and Seafarers.

:)

#13     Jun 21, 2010
  4. cstfx

cstfx

It ain't working.

http://www.elitetrader.com/vb/showthread.php?s=&postid=2877565#post2877565

On other boards, you can limit how many posts a poster has before he can start multiple bull shit threads and pollute the site with his garbage diatribes. And since ET software is based on these very same instructions, you can control how this is done.

#14     Jun 21, 2010
  5. Baron

Baron ET Founder

Those threads were removed before your link to them was even posted. And that's been the one and only problem in 7 days, so I'd say things are going pretty well.

#15     Jun 21, 2010
  6. As a moderator, I echo Baron's viewpoint. The bot-spam and trolls have decreased measurably.

#16     Jun 21, 2010
  7. cstfx

cstfx

It's still a valid critique. It only took minimal effort to get by the restrictions (at least in this one area).

#17     Jun 21, 2010
  8. Baron

Baron ET Founder

If you want to describe a troll trying to spam the site unsuccessfully around the clock for 7 days as using only "minimal effort", then you might want to rethink that.

#18     Jun 21, 2010
  9. You'd say things were going well over the past few days? That's odd, because what I see is spammers running rampant every evening, and for the first time, in the middle of the afternoon today.

I do know that Joe is diligently working to make sure that the right of members to speak out in support of pedophilia is defended on the boards and that those of us who would speak out against it are censored. Perhaps take him off the censorship duty and get him working on a way to stop this nutbag? I don't see this type of problem at other websites. Some of us wonder how it is that you guys haven't been able to deal with this problem for what, 2 years now? Kind of odd....

#19     Jun 21, 2010
  10. Baron

Baron ET Founder

Well, as of your last post (you know, the one I'm quoting), you'll have all the time in the world to visit those other websites because with comments like that you're not welcome at this one. See ya!

#20     Jun 21, 2010