its about time we start taxing churches

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Free Thinker, Sep 14, 2012.

1. its about time we start taxing churches too. they skim off up to 10% of the national income to keep their little con game going:

Financially troubled parts of Europe consider taxing church properties

Alcala de Henares, Spain — Cash-strapped officials in Europe are looking for a way to ease their financial burden by upending centuries of tradition and seeking to tap one of the last untouched sources of wealth: the Catholic Church.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/busin...62c736-f842-11e1-8398-0327ab83ab91_story.html

2. I agree, especially if they want to have such a major voice in the political arena.

3. There are some instances where churches pay taxes. I think it's call a street or curb tax, i think this might be more common in new york, but flies under the radar.

Church makes a contribution to the city based on road frontage, (just winging it here) not mandatory or yoy but just the same the church pitches in.

4. I agree with you, but as I have said on more than one occasion, few people really know or understand the power of the Catholic Church. Did you know that they can still field an army if they must? And they will not be armed with sticks and stones either.