It's a V! Recovery "A Lot Stronger" Than Consensus, ECRI's Achuthan Says....wowsers!!

Discussion in 'Economics' started by S2007S, Oct 9, 2009.

1. Look, regardless of what political party you support, it's not going to get better. It can't. Not based on the path we're walking. Not unless someone figures out how to replace the 70% that consumers contribute to GDP.

And it's just as much the fault of Obama and the Dems as it is of Bush and the Republicans who let Bush spend like a drunken sailor.

#11     Oct 9, 2009
  2. I find it amazing and actually...sickening, that otherwise normal Americans would forgo their normal activities in an attempt hurt the opposition "party." But in doing so they hurt that which that claim to love which is America. "Party is greater that Country." was one of slogans of Bolsheviks.

I'm ashamed of my countrymen.

#12     Oct 9, 2009
  3. lrm21

lrm21

I don't think it's about hurting a party at this point both are guilty of the crimes that have brought us here

I think it's a recognition for many americans that they are caught in a giant game. if you spend you are foolish if you save you are selfish

many are fed up and the best they can do is hold onto their funds and maybe move them oversees as much of the smart money has done

too many are confusing a rise in the market due to a collapsing dollar and bounce of unrealistic lows with a recovery

but with leadership now in place that favors crony capitalism is anti middle class, anti free capitalist,
    is looking to increase our deficits to the moon and usher in a new era of social spending what exactly are the fundemental that are going to give us 4% growth for the next decade?

#13     Oct 11, 2009
  4. The consumer is not coming back it seems to me. Looks like they are panicking and this year is worse than 07 and 08.

#14     Oct 11, 2009
  5. Demographic supports that perhaps!?? If not the "health care" plan takes care of that. :p

#15     Oct 11, 2009
  6. romik

romik

It's 2020
    You are now a communist living in the USSA
    Americans have stuck their rockets in Ukraine

What do you have?

A Cold War strike II

#16     Oct 11, 2009
  7. Lethn

Lethn

Unemployment rising, debt rising, continuous wars and frankly it looks like more are going to happen in the future?

Oh yes, economic recovery indeed, I think people need to start looking at the bigger picture instead of digging at the details in the hopes they can prove skeptical people wrong.

#17     Oct 11, 2009
  8. I agree. There are structural issues in the economy that transcend politics.

I would also add - BOTH parties spend irresponsibly - it's the nature of the beast.

#18     Oct 11, 2009