Its -8 right now here in pittsburgh

Discussion in 'Commodity Futures' started by kxvid, Jan 16, 2009.

1. kxvid

kxvid

You got the score backwards. The Ravens have no chance beating the stillers in their own stadium...

#21     Jan 17, 2009
  2. errrrrrrrr
    I'm not a fan of either . . .
    I hope the final score is:

Steelers - 3
    Ravens - 2

#22     Jan 17, 2009
  3. Madoff is going to be walking naked at half time as entertainment at the Steelers/Ravens game........he likes cold hard cash..

I hope the result is a draw so both teams can get banged up the following week before they meet the Eagles.

#23     Jan 17, 2009
  4. lindq

lindq

We had 7 this year. They just become part of the family.

What is of a little more concern is the diamondback last month sunning himself on my patio, and the tarantula in my bedroom this summer.

But then again, nothing sharpens an enjoyment of life like knowing you can be killed on your own property at any time.

And I'd never trade the sun and desert air for a snowshovel and cloudy skies.

#24     Jan 17, 2009
  5. how bad are the tarantulas? how did it get into your house?

#25     Jan 17, 2009
  6. I bit cool down here...64 degrees, suppose to get down to 56, might have to turn the heat on tonight...I dread it as it makes my skin dry :mad:

#26     Jan 17, 2009
  7. lindq

lindq

It was the first I've seen. And their bite is not really all that bad. Because I live in an area built next to a desert preserve, many of these little critters could have been built right into the homes. They've been here a few hundred million years longer than we have.

I've enjoyed visits from heards of Javillinas, a few bobcats, a few variety of snakes, hawks, road runners, quail (hundreds), rabbits (hundreds), dove (thousands), coyotes, scorpion, tarantulas, owls and desert mice. But I much prefer all of those to a single mosquito. Happy to have left those behind.

#27     Jan 18, 2009
  8. -8? :eek:

A cold front swept through AZ this week. The temp dipped all the way down to 63 today. My girlfriend and I stay huddled together to conserve body heat. No joke. We're cold.

Global warming my ass. Without all the carbon output from the industrial revolution, we would be in the early stages of the next ice age.

#28     Jan 26, 2009
  9. -35c in the Canadian Rockies this morning, heat kept kicking in all night.

#29     Jan 26, 2009
  10. cold up here in WY and real cold in CO as well, my furnace was on all night too.

#30     Jan 26, 2009