Its 4pm..do you know where your broker is?

Discussion in 'Trading' started by peilthetraveler, Mar 17, 2008.

1. I won't question your facts or your sources, because it takes a whole lot of hubris to bring statements like these to these highly critical boards...so in short there must be a tremendous amount of truth to these statements....

Not being hedged with put options, not being hedged with a highly volitile stock, not even haven prepared to be hedged may be at fault with those persons (collectively) having taken that speculative long position in BSC.

There was one shareholder who publically was on CNBC expressing his disgust with the events over the weekend and vowing angst as well as shopping for a class action to either start, chair or join against the activities of the BSC sellout.

what a heated issue....its not over

#11     Mar 17, 2008
  2. October 2001 huh, kind of missed the boat on that one.

Why do you think a lot of people trade on margin, or risk more than their net worth on one trade? I know a lot of traders and I don't no anyone who has the possibility to lose everything on one trade.

5yr

#12     Mar 17, 2008
  3. jjk2

jjk2

this sounds awfully familiar.

oh dats right a period of economic downturn and a massive war saves america.

#13     Mar 17, 2008
  4. ggoyal

ggoyal

If someone with a 25k account levered 2:1 and put their money "all-in" in BSC hoping to make a quick a buck got what they deserved. It's stupid. What did they think? they are going to double their money?

If however they levered up 4:1 to scalp it, that is fine because the timeframe is so small. But I think we all have seen drops quicker than we can click the appropriate buttons and get out at market price. I go all in at times, but I don't use leverege.

#14     Mar 17, 2008