"It’s horrifying to imagine kids being proud to be white." — Newsweek, Sept. 14, 200

Discussion in 'Politics' started by phenomena, Aug 31, 2010.

1. Yes, people are free to think as they please. But their conduct should be called to account when it crosses the line. Are you proposing that racism, as manifested by conduct, should be accepted and tolerated outside of the public sector?

#21     Sep 1, 2010
  2. Should it be "tolerated" and "accepted"? For me personally, no. For you? I can't answer that... It's an individual decision. Government shouldn't have the right to determine whether or not private individuals will "tolerate" or "accept" racism. People's individual thoughts and beliefs are simply none of the government's business.

#22     Sep 1, 2010
  3. No, but government should protect people from the effects of racism, be it in the work place, in a store or anywhere else. When a minority group has to fend entirely for itself with no protection under the law as it relates to basic human rights and dignity, then you have the makings of a Third World country.

#23     Sep 1, 2010
  4. what about them? :)

#24     Sep 1, 2010
  5. At a public school people might play games, but my daughters are at a private school. They probably want me to pay my kids' tuition more than they want to start a war with me.

However, your point is taken and I'm going to have a talk with the principal to nip this in the bud. If necessary, I'll go in with my attorney.

#25     Sep 1, 2010
  6. Go to places like Los Angeles,or Las Vegas and be amazed at how many tanning salons there are. 99% of all the customers are white going there so they can be darker. Why do they want to be darker? Because they've been brainwashed to hate their white skin.

#26     Sep 1, 2010
  7. Have you ever considered taking your act to the circus?

#27     Sep 1, 2010
  8. olias

olias

Truly shocking observation. Why do you suppose you don't see more black people hitting the tanning salon?

#28     Sep 1, 2010
  9. Lucrum

Lucrum

:D LOL

You probably already know Gabby was commonly refereed to as Thunderpussy before his former alias was banned.

Horse shit, let them "protect" themselves.

#29     Sep 1, 2010
  10. Hmm, odd, no one is protecting whites from discrimination. No one is protecting whites from having higher criteria to get into universities and get scholorships and funding for education. No one is protecting whites from having to be MORE qualified for a job than a non white to be hired for the same job. No one is protecting whites from regulations which limit the number of whites that can be hired for any public sector job, or job with any company which recieves any government money. Funny how all this "protection" is only available to non whites. OHHH that's right, it's only racist if whites bennefit from it...

There is no need for government to "protect" anyone from the "effects of racism", if those "effects" are not illegal. It's already illegal to rob, assault, rape, or kill. People already have legal protection that they need. People are free to dislike, or not associate with other people on the basis of race if they so choose. There's nothing illegal about that, and it's an individuals right to not talk to or associate with others on the basis or race if that's what they choose to do. Just like it's their right to have any faith, or any political belief they want to have.

If a group of people don't want a guy to come to a party because he is white, black, yellow whatever, what do you want? A govt coalition to make him invited to the party? Maybe we can have racial police ticketing white people who choose to start a conversation with another white person when there are blacks close by. After all, those blacks are suffering from the effects of racism!!!An investigation as to whether or not the denial of invitation was based on race? What the fuck?? Get over it. Racism will exist no matter what you do. If it's not done by the government, it's not the governments business. People are free to think and believe whatever they choose. They should be free to act on those beliefs.

Blacks have "black business owners" organizations, black lawyer associations, black MBA associations. But whites don't. Can you imagine the outrage about a white MBA association? A white business owners association?

Legislating thoughts and beliefs is not something the government should do.

#30     Sep 1, 2010