Italy reopens most of its factories

Discussion in 'Wall St. News' started by Nighthawk, May 4, 2020.

1. Nighthawk

Nighthawk

In Italy, the opening of production lines and construction sites to more than four million workers after nearly six weeks closure was a test of whether an economy flattened by one of the world’s worst coronavirus outbreaks can restart in earnest without touching off a second wave of contagion. Italy has been reporting declining rates of infection but more than 1,000 new cases a day.

On Monday, Italians were allowed to visit relatives, walk or exercise in public parks and take out food from restaurants to eat at home, as long as they respected personal-distancing rules.

https://www.wsj.com/articles/coronavirus-latest-news-05-04-2020-11588585598?mod=hp_lead_pos1

2. ps456a

ps456a

I think that after such an economy it will take a lot of time to fully recover, but the dynamics are pleasant.

3. Tsing Tao

Tsing Tao

Italy has factories?

4. Turveyd

Turveyd

Ferrari, Alfla, FIAT maybe some others aswell.

5. Nighthawk

Nighthawk

Eni S.p.A. is an Italian multinational oil and gas company headquartered in Rome. Considered one of the seven "Supermajor" oil companies in the world, it has operations in 79 countries, and is currently world's 11th largest industrial company with a market capitalization of €68 billion, as of 14 August 2013.76.94 billion EUR (2018)

Obviously, you never heard about the "Supermajors".....:finger::finger::finger:

6. ps456a

ps456a

In fact, I do not often hear this name, although the company is quite large. Usually, the word Italy refers to Milan's fashion houses and cars.

7. Sig

Sig

Most people have not heard of many of the companies that make up the S&P 500. You don't have to be known by the average consumer to make lots of money in a B2B sector.

8. ps456a

ps456a

Here I can not disagree with you. In fact, several percent of the world's population knows about it every year, if not less.