It seemed cheaper to eat out than go to the store - even before this

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by wilburbear, Nov 30, 2011.

1. Those ingredients are pretty standard for commercially bought wheat bread (i'm sure you don't bake your own). Ingredients by law must be listed in descending order of predominance by weight. Less than 2% is from "wheat gluten" to the end of list (i looked on their website). That means that 98% of it is MUST BE enriched wheat flour..surely you have no qualms with that :) The teeny amounts of the others are FDA approved additives to make the food safer, taste better etc. All FDA approved safe for consumption (btw, you haven't proven that any of these additives are unsafe, just scare mongering by throwing up a list of arcane ingredients) BTW, there is NO soy, look at their updated site! (not that soy is that bad imo, or bad at all just that it has a bad rep for the uninformed;a little soy can be healthy esp for males):) a six incher has a "whopping" HALF GRAM of saturated fat. LOL A measly half gram! A minuscule amount that is entirely innocuous! Damn near FAT-FREE! Compare that to the amount of fat you're getting now from the foods you consume on a regular basis...you'll be shocked at how much crap you're putting in your body on an alarming regular basis!

I love Subway.

#51     Dec 3, 2011
  2. r-in

r-in

Ok, you are that nut Beatrice, I get it now. You had me going, but you are throwing out b.s. for the hell of it.
    Chicken breasts $6/lb? Where the hell do you buy? Costco = $2.99 a pound. I can find your, and all the other organic whack wagons, organic chicken breasts for $4.99/lb locally. On sale I've seen them $3.99/lb.
    Lol, you are good, I admit I thought you maybe serious at first.

#52     Dec 3, 2011
  3. Macho grande poster, do you try the Moe's Southwest grill? I think the food is really fresh! I do not like thier queso sauce but they have good black beans, pico de gallo sauce is very good and they have black olives, good chicken and steak too! You can go and tell them to make you something you like.

#53     Dec 3, 2011
  4. No, never have but i will now. Their chicken rice bowl looks delicious and healthy too. They claim only serving up range free chicken..i like that too from a humane standpoint as well as health.

#54     Dec 4, 2011
  5. after my run..treated myself to a foot-long black forest ham subway on 9 grain wheat with all the vegetables :D

they make the best subs

#55     Dec 4, 2011
  6. another foot long 2night @my fav "fastfood" restaurant Subway after my grueling 3 1/2 mile run on the inclined treadmill. 9.5% grade. 5 min warmup, 5 min cooldown. this time i chose lean turkey breast on an oatmeal bun with all the fixins. no cheese. no oil. no condiments. spash of vinegar. :D

#56     Dec 5, 2011