It seemed cheaper to eat out than go to the store - even before this

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by wilburbear, Nov 30, 2011.

1. You are obviously very ignorant about these things. When i was playing hockey, we were burning an average about 3,000 cal per game.
    Phelps could easily burn 8,000 with his work load.

#41     Dec 3, 2011
  2. for a typical sandwich:
    ingredients cost ~1/3
    labor cost ~2/3

#42     Dec 3, 2011
  3. r-in

r-in

When you are in the pool you are constantly training with resistance, and you are burning at fairly high levels, especially when it is a training workout, not just a pleasure swim.
    Who ever pointed out the sodium levels and the usual inferiority of products used at fast food joints is also correct.

#43     Dec 3, 2011
  4. 8000/day. nope. physiiologically impossible :D

#44     Dec 3, 2011
  5. ALL your processed food products are high in sodium. Unless you buy specifically "low sodium", and there's not much choice out there in that category. Almost everyone has a salt shaker sitting on the table anyway...and it's not for looks.

Salt you say...who cares! Nobody cares about salt except the few vegan fanatics. Are YOU a vegan fanatic? :D

Salt is everywhere and in everything..that hardly qualifies for your characterization of Subway as "crap".

Besides we do NEED salt. Also for the iodine.

Is that all you got :D

#45     Dec 3, 2011
  6. You are very,very ignorant about this .

#46     Dec 3, 2011
  7. r-in

r-in

Actually I think I read that the limit is around 30,000 cals. in a day. I'm sure most would explode before hitting 30,000.

#47     Dec 3, 2011
  8. leave it up to a forum of overweight traders to think that Subway is healthy. lol

i bet you think chicken ceasar salads with a cup of high-fat dressing is also healthy?

eating at home is cheaper and healthier than eating out. you can eat egg whites, chicken breasts (not the processed crap in subway sandwiches), oatmeal, beans, broccoli, etc. This diet would run $7 per day for 2300 calories & 125 grams of protein.

#48     Dec 3, 2011
  9. Chicken breasts are like $6/lb. ALL chicken is processed unless you buy organic and then you're paying over $8/lb. and the health benefits of organic is iffy at best..prolly not best value

i use no dressing or condiment or oil. just a tad splash of vinegar. that;s it

egg whites are highly processed food product. god only knows what the manufacturing process indroduced :eek:

a 6 inch or even foot-long with right choice in meat and fixin's is very healthy..whole grain bread, a healthy portion of lean meat, 8-10 different vegetables...low in cals, low in fat, high in protein, vitamins, mineral, antioxidants.

What's healthier I ask you?

Can't overeat because unlike at home once the sub is gone there's no seconds. :D

I love Subway!

#49     Dec 3, 2011
  10. lindq

lindq

Here are the ingredients in Subway's "healthy" wheat bread that you love. Real yummy stuff.

SUBWAY WHEAT BREAD
    Enriched flour (flour, malted barley flour, niacin, iron, thiamin mononitrate, riboflavin, folic acid), water, whole wheat flour, high fructose corn syrup, wheat gluten, wheat bran, yeast, salt, soybean oil, dough conditioner (acetylated tartaric acid esters of mono-and diglycerides, ammonium sulfate, calcium sulfate, ascorbic acid, azodicarbonamide, potassium iodate, amylase (enzymes)], cracked wheat, sodium stearoyl-2-lactylate, caramel color (contains sulfites), dried honey preparation (honey powder, invert sugar, wheat starch, soy bran flour, silicon dioxide [anti-caking]), mineral oil. Contains soy and wheat.

#50     Dec 3, 2011