It seemed cheaper to eat out than go to the store - even before this

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by wilburbear, Nov 30, 2011.

1. greasy chicken ( chicken cooked w/skin is esp greasy) and high glycemic pasta is not even close to a great meal :D

#11     Nov 30, 2011
  2. jem

jem

we do not eat the skin.
    sure pasta may have a high glycemic value but my kids play sports almost every day. they need the protein in the chicken and a little pasta is not going to hurt them.

#12     Nov 30, 2011
  3. Speaking of food. I've been working on a theory. Back in the day, gall bladders were problematic for old women and pregnant women, now the trend is young males to have this problem. Probably too much fast food.

With all our innovation in the food business, we sure shovel a lot of crap in our trap. The food isn't satisfying, we just eat more and more and don't know why.

#13     Nov 30, 2011
  4. volente_00

volente_00

And give you a $100,000 bypass surgery bill from the grease

#14     Nov 30, 2011
  5. Of course you can do it cheaper at home. You just need to make larger initial purchase of all condiments you like .

#15     Dec 1, 2011
  6. Green peppers alone are $2 for EACHdood. i can tell you don't do the shopping :D

#16     Dec 1, 2011
  7. Crispy

Crispy

I can buy 1lb of pork, veal, beef mix, loaf of fresh Italian bread and a box of pasta from my local small town market store for 15 bucks. I make my own sauce, but if I didnt. For another 2 bucks I get a jar. That feeds my family of four with leftovers.

17 bucks in the Hamptons, NY...where the hell do you live thats more expensive, to the tune of double than here?

#17     Dec 1, 2011
  8. Crispy

Crispy

Yup

My wife hits traderjoes once a week. 150 all in for family of four. 5.35 a person per meal is pretty damn inexpensive. And we could do better but she insists on buying "the best"....

#18     Dec 1, 2011
  9. You can tell nothing.
    I do shopping but i used to live in Florida so at the farmers market you get 3 green pepper for 1 dollar 4 cucumbers for a dollar 4 tomatoes for a dollar etc, etc.

#19     Dec 1, 2011
  10. Crispy

Crispy

You`re getting fucking hoodwinked...lol..you grocery shop at the Hess Mart? :D

green peppers 2 bucks a lb here.

#20     Dec 1, 2011