It seemed cheaper to eat out than go to the store - even before this

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by wilburbear, Nov 30, 2011.

1. better healthwise for you too. a fixed # of calories in a finite amount of food, hard to overeat this like at home :D

2. I've noticed this too. Make a spaghetti/meatballs w sauce with bread etc, I end up spending $35 by the time I leave the store. Screw it, I can buy 2 spaghetti take out dinners for $25.

3. Exactly.

And, a Dominoes deep dish medium *delivered* feeds my family of 4 (barely, 1 teen, 1 pre-teen) for $21 delivered all-in w/tip!

Screw the grocery store.

4. $5 cheese or pepperoni pizza at little ceasars. That will last me for a full 24 hours of food.

5. disagree

i go to Whole Food a couple times a week... buy sandwich meat (turkey, roast beef, etc.), lettuce, bread etc. etc. - all organic and healthier.

I can make more sandwiches and meals then what you suggest.

absolutely more economical if you are not lazy. LOL

6. jem

jem

when it my turn to deal with dinner- once a week - 4 kids, two adults... I like to go the the market get an 8 an dollar rotisserie family sized chicken -and put it on a bed of pasta. (so to speak).

Depending on who good the jar of sauce is - it can be a great meal.

7. Or stupid

8. Sure it's cheaper to build a lunchmeat & lettuce sammich @home but @subway i get all the salad fixin's on my bun!

lettuce
    tomatoes
    green pepper
    onion
    sweet peppers
    jalapenos
    black olives
    soinach
    cucumbers

i get all these, literally a mixed salad on a fresh baked bun (wholewheat, italian, oatmeal etc)with whatever meat you want...

ham
    turkey
    roast beef
    steak
    chicken
    etc

try THAT @home, can't do that cheaper !:D

Subway rocks :cool:

#10     Nov 30, 2011