It"s Here!

Discussion in 'Politics' started by EMRGLOBAL, Apr 20, 2011.

1. obama probably likes high oil prices, it helps advance his clean energy agenda.

2. At those prices if you own an suv it will run about $ 8000.
    a year at one tank per week.
    How many cars does an average home own ?

3. S2007S

S2007S

Every time oil starts to rise they talk about implementing new standards to be put in place so we dont have to be too dependent on oil yet nothing ever gets done, they push it aside just like the trillions in debt and ignore the fact that its a huge problem. Same thing over and over and over again, nothing ever changes, if it were to happen the changes would have been done years and years ago. Here we are again approaching record levels in gas prices and the same people are complaining yet not doing a damn thing, I guess it really has to get out of control for people to really realize what is going on, I guess $4.00 gas doesn't do it, so maybe $5.00 will be a wake up call for millions of people here in the US.

4. piezoe

piezoe

The U.S. is a nation of crises. We will act in our self interest until something absolutely has to be done, and then, at the eleventh hour, we will act in the nations interest. But if we can somehow align our own personal interests with the nations, so much the "better". :D

5. S2007S

S2007S

50 years ago the average home had 1 car, today that number is between 2-3 so think about how many more thousands of dollars a year that cost is.

Say you avg 12-15k miles a year, your cars are avg about 22 MPG, Im being generous at 22mpg since most soccer moms like to travel around in those high end suvs that get probably only 18MPG.

$2,000-$2,800 X 2 = $4,000-$6,000 a year in gas + the cost to heat your home if your using oil or natural gas, running up to $10,000 a year just on driving and heating your house!!!! Thats insane.....

6. Ouch!

Isn't that an all time record? $5 is pretty darn high.

7. Didn't he say "energy prices would necessarily SKYROCKET" under his plan of cap and trade?

$6/gal?... BRING IT ON! Maybe if gas prices get high enough and stay there long enough, the sheeple might wake up and kick that asshole to the curb!

:mad: :mad:

8. I drive a hundred miles a month. Bring it on. Hope it goes to 10, 20, 30 bucks a gallon. Only way to kick big oils ass. And its way overdue.

9. I drive around 660 miles per month and my SUV gets about 17 Mpg. I currently spend about $2k per year in gas.

#10     Apr 21, 2011