It NEVER ceases to amaze me...

Discussion in 'Options' started by coyotetrader, Feb 11, 2010.

1. #1 and #3 are right on. #2 is bizarre to me. If my Mom needed money, I sure as hell wouldn't 'lend' it to her. I'd give her anything she wanted, down to my last dime, and it wouldn't matter whether it was for a gambling debt or whatever. She lived her life for her kids and gave us the means to do anything we wanted.

#11     Feb 12, 2010
  2. schizo

schizo

LOL! That's because moms are not supposed to pay back what they borrowed and they usually don't anyway. Of course, I wrote that as a joke. I would never place my own mom on the hook if she were in need of my help, especially when it comes to money matters. I guess what I meant was that you should not lend but to give her the dough. So lighten up.

But on second thought... :D

#12     Feb 13, 2010
  3. Great story coyotetrader! Tweaking is the biggest problem for most traders, especially experienced ones. Tweaking is done because the trading system failed one time (fear). It is also done to increase profits (greed). I know that every time I deviated from the plan, I lost money--except for maybe one time. The deviations occurred when the stop loss is exceeded (the need to get back to even--greed and arrogance). The other deviation is failing to collect greater profits, for I exited the trade too early (fear again). For a newbie with a sufficient bankroll, these problems should be minimal--especially with a mentor. All he has to do is follow the plan. The mentor explains the fear and greed and arrogance--and simply tells the newbie to sit tight. A mentor is the key, for lossed should be greatly minimized--wish I had one..the money I would have saved.

#13     Feb 13, 2010
  4. good thread, i will tell people go play porker instead trading first. if they say porker is gambling, so trading is form of gambling for them too. End of story.

#14     Feb 13, 2010
  5. erol

erol

maybe I'm just young, so I don't know how the real world works...

but why #1?

I trust my closest friends... and I can't see us screwing anyone over

I bet it happens, but how often?

I don't want to steer this off topic, but

really?

#15     Feb 13, 2010
  6. erol

erol

yes... sleeping around is gambling....

never know what you're going to get!

#16     Feb 13, 2010
  7. opie, you failed yourself, your friend and student, and two lovely women.

what do you plan to do to make amends?

#17     Feb 13, 2010
  8. I would have told him, I am going to teach you something. After that, you should plan to blow out at least 2 $ 5,000 accounts and spend the next 2 years practicing what I taught you. After that, you may have a 50% chance of success assuming within that time you learn to master your emotions.

#18     Feb 14, 2010