It MUST be safe now!!!

Discussion in 'Politics' started by bungrider, Apr 9, 2003.

1. I think that the irony is that we attacked a country that did not attack us. We've basically sent a message to the arab world that regardless of what they do, and whether or not they allow the UN to inspect, they will still be attacked on a whim no matter what.

I also worry that OBL is laughing his ass off right now, as he is getting the best of both worlds -- he screwed the US economy, became a hero to the arab world, and got rid of an old secular enemy, SH, without firing a shot himself. I also fear that the new iraqi government will be yet another problem for the free world 10 years from now, just like all the other goddamn puppet governments that the US has installed.

"They" will always hate the US no matter what, and "they" will hate us as long as we continue our imperialistic policy, and continue to support Israel. "They" attacked NYC -- the most multicultural and liberal part of the USA. "They" did not attack Texas or Florida, or any other state loaded with Bush supporters, because to them we are all the same. And guess what -- "they" are going to continue attacking NYC and probably never attack Texas -- and that is what pisses me off. It's going to be my friends and family in one of those buildings or planes; it's not going to be Bush or Cheney that will have to walk down 50 floors with charred skin peeling off of their bodies.

It's because of the bullshit that the reagans, the bushes, and the cheneys have pulled over the past 25 years that this situation exists in the first place. You don't fight fire with fire. Apparently that simple cliche has been lost on the Bush administration, but then again, most of us had pretty low hopes for that basket of retards anyway.

#11     Apr 9, 2003
  2. lundy

lundy

U.C.A

United Countries of America

:D :D :D :D :D :D
    :p

#12     Apr 9, 2003
  3. So bung, who did you vote for, Bush or Gore?

#13     Apr 9, 2003
  4. Actually, fighting fire with fire is an accepted firefighting tactic.

Sadly, though, you may get your wish, and someday we may once again have a government that attempts to run things according to "simple cliches."

#14     Apr 9, 2003
  5. hehe....I think we all know that I didn't vote for W, and that I've always thought he was a moron. :D

#15     Apr 9, 2003

6. ha haaa ha ha.:D

#16     Apr 9, 2003
  7. Just so damned well put...

#17     Apr 9, 2003
  8. Just so damned pathetic, to be so caught up in bitterness, selfishness, fear, confusion, and even something as comparatively trivial as anti-Republicanism, as to be unable to celebrate the fall of a dictator like Saddam Hussein.

#18     Apr 9, 2003
  9. ROFL!

What can be safely said, Madison old pal, is that this operation reduced the potential for terrorism funded and abetted by a ruthless regime with billions of petrodollars to throw at it. Iraq will not threaten us, Israel, or its neighbors again. I know that disappoints you and all....

"Shift in spin"? Good grief. You just can't accept that this operation had several facets to it, not just one. Our administration has never told us otherwise. Your desperate attempts to cling to your rationale is amusing to watch, albeit not as much fun as watching msfe flail aimlessly with ever-decreasing vigor...

So Madison, Alfonso, msfe, et al: Turn off the TV. Turn off the radio. Get off your computer. Try to run from the sights and sounds of a nation newly-liberated, of a joyous populace that can now sleep without the fear of the secret police knocking on their door. Millions are now free, torture will be erased, oil wealth will benefit the people not a tyrant, starvation will become a thing of the past. Go ahead: Ignore it, criticize it, laugh at it, whatever. But above all, know that the world is a better place today, DESPITE YOUR WISHES, HOPES, AND DREAMS THAT IT WERE OTHERWISE.

Once again, your kind has been proven to be not only terribly misguided, but irrelevant.:p

#19     Apr 10, 2003
  10. Wrong formula. Today you can throw in 20,000,000 of "they" into the "I love the US" column.

Those who hated us before may hate us more now, but you know what's great about them? Now they FEAR us. Makes me feel good, darn good.

Wrong.

The message we've basically sent to the Arab world is: If you aid and abett terrorists, if you seek to build WMD, if you invade your neighbors, and if you treat your people like shit - you may very well find yourself on the wrong end of a MOAB.

Wrong. bung, we could withdraw into a hermit's shell tomorrow and "they" would still hate our guts. We are hated for many reasons, and a major one is pure jealousy of what we are and what we are able to do as a nation and as individuals. We are also hated because we represent what many of "they" fear: freedom for ALL.

Try giving your country credit once in a while. I know that's a lot to ask, but just try it.

#20     Apr 10, 2003