It is time for a showdown - which group is more important for corporate America.

Discussion in 'Politics' started by SouthAmerica, Apr 11, 2007.

1. .

April 15, 2007

SouthAmerica: In the last few days I heard a number of times people repeating on television what Don Imus said that got him fired.

I had never heard anyone say that expression before. And I asked a few people to explain to me what he said that was so offensive. But I got different answers from different people – it seems to me other people also are not sure about what that expression means.

Someone told me that the expression that he used had something to do with the type of hair that black people have.

Another person told me that a “HO” refers to a whore or prostitute.

If he was referring to their hair why that was so insulting that they had to fire Don Imu?

The other meaning it does not make sense – Why would Don Imus call a bunch of college kids of whores?

Basically I never heard that expression before and after all the fuss on television and the print media – I still not sure why what he said as so bad that got him fired.

Most of my life I never used offensive language to refer to anyone or any group of people – with only one exception – since 2001 I have been using the words “Moron and Jackass” on a regular basis when I refer to George W. Bush But that has been very much an exception to the rule for me.

The other question that I have is: Why Imus was talking about girls college basketball?

He did not have anything else better to watch on TV to talk about it?

#21     Apr 15, 2007