It is official, Bush most hated president ever...

Discussion in 'Politics' started by ZZZzzzzzzz, May 1, 2008.

1. Cutten

Cutten

Yet Bush had the highest ever approval ratings just after Sep 11th 2001, and was elected into office twice. Just goes to show how useful opinion polls are at predicting the quality of a politician. Voters en masse basically have no f*cking clue.

It's also amusing to see the poll numbers on the Iraq war. Back in 2003 when many people including myself were predicting it was an ill-advised, excessively risky operation based on flawed evidence and assumptions, the public were massively in favour of it. Now they are majority against the war - yet ironically, in the last year the US has actually done a very good job containing the insurgency. Since the appointment of Petraeus the insurgents have basically got their collective arses kicked - even war sceptics like myself can see that the US has improved its performance a lot since the disastrous Rumsfeld era. Yet Joe Schmoe on Main Street thinks the war is going worse than ever - go figure.

There are only really two conclusions I can draw from this. One - George Bush has been a pretty bad president. Two - the voting public, as a group, are incredibly f*cking stupid and ill-informed.

They say every democracy gets the government it deserves. In the case of Bush and the US voting public from 2000-2008, I would have to agree. A stupid electorate votes in a stupid president, then re-elects him. They deserved to get the appalling performance that they received from this mediocre politician.

I feel sorry for the smart Americans who had to put up with this nonsense for 8 whole years.

#31     May 2, 2008
  2. My goodness. Yet another enlightened ETer who has caught on to most of the Zzzztroll's modus operandi.

Nik, RM, you catching this? :)

#32     May 2, 2008
  3. Yes, except when confronted with your own perversions

Profile For The Disgusting Alcoholic Troll ZZZzzzzzzz
    Date Registered: 06-14-04
    Total Posts (as difficult as it is to believe): 17907 (15.63 posts per day for 4 years)
    Last Post: Let's pray to God it's in this thread

#33     May 2, 2008
  4. Caught that, hap. It's always fun to see the Idiotic Hypocrite get his ass handed to him in debate, and begin to show the telltale sings. I'll run through the thread and check for the dead giveaway - quoting posts and re-posting without adding text and threatening anal penetration.

#34     May 2, 2008
  5. Lucrum

Lucrum

1) Yep they have done it all of TWO times.
    Both failed by all of ONE vote.

2)apologists? I didn't make any defense of Bush statements.
    3) Is that a racists statement, coming from a liberal?

#35     May 2, 2008
  6. Mercor

Mercor

This would have been the best move.

It would have put Gore in office. Then he could have run as an incumbent.
    It might have made people more comfortable with him.

It is still unbeliveable that Gore lost, or that it was so even of a race.

Gore followed a polling popular pres. in a great economy, simular to Bush 1 after Reagon

#36     May 2, 2008
  7. Gord

Gord

And add this to your "unbelievable" scenario - John McCain has a very good chance of winning this year. Polls do not give an authentic picture because they are so skewed by media pressure on the electorate. If these presidential approval/disapproval polls were an accurate portrayal of objective public sentiment McCain would not stand a chance, just as Gore should have won in a slam-dunk.

#37     May 2, 2008
  8. achilles28

achilles28

Resign?? Thats high treason.

But then again, so is the North American Union.

And the Country is still asleep.

#38     May 2, 2008
  9. I never thought I'd say this, but I'm saying it - we're going to miss Bush.

#39     May 2, 2008
  10. sad isn't it. just look at the fools on this thread.... they are responsible for allowing the continuation of these crimes. if they weren't so fkn stupid we could elect decent people who would stop the criminals and get our country back.

these idiots don't even realize the bushes and clintons are part of the same crime family.

#40     May 2, 2008