It is now time to sell sell sell your TLT - Bonds are going to crash

Discussion in 'ETFs' started by retaildaytrader, Jul 29, 2010.

1. Take a look at IEF too just for reference.

Unlike TLT, it has taken out the weekly top a few weeks ago.

Not enough weekly/monthly data on IEF either, but its still possible to count 5 waves up on weekly.

This means to me that the current rise from April 9, 2010 is a terminal wave. When it ends, the rally is over and IEF will crash.

I'm just using IEF as a reference to the inverse of bond yields and it does seem to validate my call on the 10-yr yield.

IEF daily chart has a very clear uptrendline. A break of this TL would be IEF = 96.1

:)

#41     Aug 17, 2010
  2. Yes, and as I had told you, and as the interest rate market suggested yesterday, it's not a good idea to short treasury notes in this environment, especially if the equity market tanks.

#42     Aug 17, 2010
  3. Temperature readings on the TLT Bond HERD have just arrived. A rectal thermometer was used to confirm the readings.

Bond bulls = 98%

Dec '08 bulls = 99% ( wham boom bam, came the crash 3 days later)

These numbers are courtesy of EWI - orig. numbers from I believe trade-futures.com (Jake Bernstein and co.)

---------------

what does all this mean? ... its one-sided. Whenever the HERD aligns so strongly in one direction, HISTORY has proven the market resolves the other way. Right away or with a lag? The last time it happened the lag was 3 days. Can it be more this time? Sure! Regardless, Defcon 4 alert is ON!!!!

We wait and see. Price is always the final arbiter. :) :)

#43     Aug 17, 2010
  4. No question you'll be "right"..... eventually.
    However, in the meantime, you might go "dead broke", deadbroke.

:D

#44     Aug 17, 2010
  5. Looks like a shooting star is forming but it's still early in the day. As Zero Hedge says, the bond market has gone full retard.

#45     Aug 18, 2010

6. Another big up day. If there is reversal by a gap-down, it could also be an ISLAND REVERSAL.

Wait and see. :) :)

#46     Aug 19, 2010

7. LONG position STOP is now moved up again to under the August 17 bar @ 103.88

#47     Aug 19, 2010
  8. --------------------------------------

current yield = 2.58

my target call = 2.554

jeez, we are so close to that, just a hair .......
    :) :D

#48     Aug 19, 2010
  9. Warning to the bulls:

I got my face ripped off on TBT, thinking that at some point this treasury rally would abate. Today was capitulation day for me and I dumped everything, so just a warning to all you longs, today could be the turnaround day, now that I have given up.

#49     Aug 20, 2010
  10. Sorry to hear that J...sucks to blow out a position, especially when you know damn well that you will be proven right, eventually.

#50     Aug 20, 2010