It is no longer "We the People"

Discussion in 'Politics' started by stockerup, Sep 26, 2012.

1. BSAM

BSAM

It is no longer "We the People"

To be precise, it is now "we the bureaucrats".

#21     Sep 26, 2012
  2. de·moc·ra·cy /dɪˈmɒkrəsi/ Show Spelled[dih-mok-ruh-see] Show IPA
    noun, plural de·moc·ra·cies.
    1. government by the people; a form of government in which the supreme power is vested in the people and exercised directly by them or by their elected agents under a free electoral system.
    2. a state having such a form of government: The United States and Canada are democracies.

#22     Sep 26, 2012
  3. Lucrum

Lucrum

That's the problem with the left. They can't just have their own opinion, they feel the need to shove their agenda down everyone else throat. By whatever means necessary.

#23     Sep 26, 2012

4. Great sources: Yahoo and TPM. No bias there? You are helping to prove my point.

#24     Sep 26, 2012
  5. I agree. The scary part about this is that they are so blinded by their agenda that they don't give thought to the consequences.

#25     Sep 26, 2012
  6. ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

What is real freedom for the USA is the media have bias, yes. But all people of the USA can watch and listen and read all the people opinion. No government can stop you from reading all the opinions. You have freedoms to write and speak and read many oppositions. You have information sharings, rights of protection, no fears to have internet freedoms. A very excellent country!

#26     Sep 26, 2012
  7. pspr

pspr

Do they not teach you this in school any more?

The United States is, indeed, a republic, not a democracy. Accurately defined, a democracy is a form of government in which the people decide policy matters directly--through town hall meetings or by voting on ballot initiatives and referendums. A republic, on the other hand, is a system in which the people choose representatives who, in turn, make policy decisions on their behalf. The Framers of the Constitution were altogether fearful of pure democracy. Everything they read and studied taught them that pure democracies "have ever been spectacles of turbulence and contention; have ever been found incompatible with personal security or the rights of property; and have in general been as short in their lives as they have been violent in their deaths"

http://www.thisnation.com/question/011.html

#27     Sep 26, 2012
  8. Well said. We do have an excellent country. The problem I am pointing out, however, is that the media can and does skew the truth in favor of their bias.

#28     Sep 27, 2012
  9. Call it what you will. The most important word you need to focus on in my post is freedom.

#29     Sep 27, 2012