It is IMPOSSIBLE to make money in the markets

Discussion in 'Trading' started by Ripley, Aug 3, 2006.

1. I didn't read all this, but I do know that the only way I could ever convince myself to trade on an intraday basis with buys and sells the same day was to automate my trading.

I will say this again: only trade if you're a quantitative automaton. I in no way would endorse anybody trying to trade intraday without automation.

Most people are incapable of this. That is why people like myself cater to hedge funds that know far more than the regular day trading folk. They run their programs on servers, and no discretionary trading is ever allowed by them.

Why? Need I say, Amaranth? That guy was a total moron who has blown more than his fair share of hedge funds.

It is getting to a point where trades ought to be automated. The markets are too fast for anyone, and that is why I know that it is only through high speed computers and internet connections that hedge funds pay millions to have but that the common folk settle for high speed internet is the only way you can trade intraday and win.

#401     Oct 19, 2006
  2. I do not think that the guy is a moron, as he made 80 millions last year, I read somewhere. In the case of hedgefund, the incentive is to take as much risk as possible to get the 20% of the profits generated. You just need one good year and be very rich and retire. Probably what that guy is doing.

#402     Oct 19, 2006