It is going to be an awesome 2007 for ET Log yor Requests here

Discussion in 'Feedback' started by ElectricSavant, Dec 5, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. A Forum of photographs of our illustrious traders...

This could also be a resource to link to from other areas...which could only be a benefit for ET....

Create an "EliteBiography Briefcase" or a sort of a library for traders to create and update with no time limitation on edits.....

I personally love to read about the new traders and their journey...

Michael B.

#81     Dec 16, 2006
  2. Folks as you can see...ET has an awesome year coming. On board there are the best in the business from professional writers...moderators....traders...industry leaders...sponsors...etc....

If you are a trader...you need to be here, to keep up with the fast changing information world of trading. You can no longer be isolated...make ET your trading room

Give us your feedback in this thread. Share your ideas...there is still time in 2006, to take your place in history.

Michael B.

#82     Dec 16, 2006
  3. I think next year will be an awesome year as the real estate market goes through its cycle ...we are due...no end in site for 2007!

Trading is becoming a better and better alternative...

we will see the CBOT and the CME merge...hybrid trading on the NYSE////many other industry preperations...2007 will be a banner year...

As we "get global" in a 24 hr trading arena...it just grows...

Michael B.

#83     Dec 16, 2006
  4. How would these "premium" threads be different than what is posted now?

#84     Dec 16, 2006
  5. spinner

spinner

1. Rate this thread button

2. Rate this post button

3. Rate this member (+/-) and can only vote once on a particular member

4. Also, it would be helpful if the forum categories were organized in a fashion that would help readers focus on the threads they want to read. For example:
    • Asking for help
    • Re Trading
    • Re Platform
    • Re Broker
    • Has anyone heard of . . .?

Describing a trading system
    • Automate
    • Manual Method/System

Today's trading signals/results
    • Equities
    • Futures
    • Forex
    5. ES desperately needs a large friendly NEWBIE button on home page (easy to find) with all the classic threads they should visit and things they should know before posting questions that have been posted a million times before.

6. Section for best threads of all time.

7. A way to start a thread and "IGNORE" one or more specific members completely on that thread. In other words, prevent specific members from posting on a specific thread. Prevent a lot of arguments and also, many people who get banned do have their own following. In other words, the person who starts the thread can ban (perhaps a limited number) of specific members from that thread.

8. List of all current member names (who have posted/joined/signed in within the last year).

#85     Dec 16, 2006
  6. I don't have a home page? I think you mean ET right? But i have been called worse :) hehe

5. ES desperately needs a large friendly NEWBIE button on home page (easy to find) with all the classic threads they should visit and things they should know before posting questions that have been posted a million times before.

#86     Dec 16, 2006
  7. How about being able to track a portfolio of stocks, options, fx, etc. and when you login your Profit, Loss, Book Value, and Current Value is displayed on the home page. I started a very simple php script to track stocks from Yahoo quotes but never finished it. I'm sure someone with programming skills can set it up. My is that guess php wouldn't be the way to go but maybe c++ instead.

My Yahoo has this feature, except for FX.

#87     Dec 17, 2006
  8. spinner

spinner

You got me! My bad. :)

#88     Dec 17, 2006
  9. hels02

hels02

Being able to see the note you respond to without having to open a 2nd window if it's too long to use 'quote' for.

I don't know what kind of forum this is, but an easy free one like PHPBB would take you a few minutes to set up, with all the modern forum features most people are used to... just a thought.

Also, better security. My first week here, I caught 2 viruses from logging into this forum, which my viruschecker caught live, and which played havoc with my windows updates for a few days. I complained to Microsoft about these viruses, so I'm guessing they killed them in an update by now. The viruses accessed and attempted to rewrite my word.exe and excel.exe files (blocked, but I got a record of the attempt).

At first I thought your forum database did it intentionally, since by accessing people's Word files, you could get access to the members names and address (they didn't succeed in the rewrite, but DID get access to my word information).

But since the viruses were corrected and removed that night, I think it was an attack on your forum. The thing is, if your forum is that vulnerable, it's time for a better system anyway.

Haven't had any problems since then, but would love to see others notes while posting:p.

#89     Dec 17, 2006
  10. 1. please add the very basic and extremely useful "next page" and "previous page" links, when reading multi page threads. currently, instead of "next/previous page", there exist "next/previous thread" links, which are by far less useful.

2. color change? to something more vibrant.. blueish or so..

thanks

#90     Dec 18, 2006
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.