It is going to be an awesome 2007 for ET Log yor Requests here

Discussion in 'Feedback' started by ElectricSavant, Dec 5, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Clearly revealing my inner geek and data junkie status, but how about a section for metrics about ET?

daily post frequency
    new member frequency
    running top 100 thread count

could even go into content analysis:

Number of times "god" is used in previous month

#71     Dec 15, 2006
  2. Pekelo

Pekelo

Don, you made an incredibly FALSE assumption, that ET has a 63K current membership. I don't understand how people can believe that, since that is obviously the number of posters registered in the last 7 years!!!

If we subtract the "multiple handle" divider of 80% (my guess) that means that probably around 50K individuals registered during the 7 years of ET's existence. (because several people registered more than once, which they wouldn't do for $100 a piece)

So about 10K a year new registration, but that doesn't mean viewership, since lots of lurkers are out there. Of course by charging a fee, lurkers would disappear.Nevertheless it still wouldn't be such a bad business if Baron really could get 2000x$100, but that is highly doubtful.

MY guess is that by using a fee structure this website would really become ELITEtrader...

I am more than sure Baron already looked into this kind of solutions and decided against it.

#72     Dec 15, 2006
  3. I know, I was just having some fun. I think Baron does a good job, but I doubt even he thinks that there are near that many seperate entities.

Don

#73     Dec 15, 2006
  4. 1/ Initiate a $29.99 ( or $19.99?) per annum premium members fee. Premium gives you
    1) less ads ( smaller ads? )
    2) ability to use full search feature.
    3) Premium members can start a) regular thread where everyone can post and b) premium threads, where only premium members can post.

Regular members use free but get more ads and limited search ability ( like search limited to 50 results ). Regular members can read but can not post to premium threads. Regular members can start threads where everyone is open to post.

2/ Ability for other users to rec. posts and threads. As member posts get more Rec.'s they get moved up in forum "seniority". This way other users know who is the real deal.

Initiate the above 2 and forum quality will dramatically ( exponentially) increase.

Oh yeah, and a ET sentiment indicator where only premium members can vote. As in "Are you bullish or bearish this day/week/month" and "where do you see the SP500 in 7days/30 days/3months" . Sentiment indicator is a must feature for any site redesign. Who knows, in due time Baron and ET could be really famous if the indicator is actually something that can be used to trade with.

#74     Dec 16, 2006
  5. View statistics on the home page...the most actives for example...

#75     Dec 16, 2006
  6. I guess there are many resources offering this...but it would be nice to combine a ticker at the bottom of ET..that way its all in one place...But it would have to be an Eliteticker

This is a traders one-stop resource site....forums, calenders, dictionaries...trading...etc...

There are so many ideas...I know the administration is looking forward...I believe ET will continue to be the best at whatever endeavor they undertake...and the enhancements that are implemented have a great deal of thought behind them...This thread is just to throw out the ideas...ok? keep it flowing...

Please continue the great feedback...

Thank You...

Michael B.

Isn't the internet a great resource for traders...what would we do without it?

#76     Dec 16, 2006
  7. Wouldn't a toggle for the various squawk boxes be an awesome resource....??????

merge them together.....one click from ET....Vendors please contact Baron...

if anything ...drop down a delayed free replay...on the homepage...

If you have anything to do with trading then you need a presence on
    [​IMG]

Thank you for reading.

Michael B.

#77     Dec 16, 2006
  8. Daily Camtasia replays of the markets tick by tick action brought to you by our favorite sponsor....

Archive downloadable also...

Wouldn't this be an awesome neutral and generic resources for the EliteLibrary of services to offer?????

Michael B.

#78     Dec 16, 2006
  9. Integration of custom Barrons publications into ET?

#79     Dec 16, 2006
  10. More aggressive discounts for ET guests throughout the industry....

#80     Dec 16, 2006
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.