It is going to be an awesome 2007 for ET Log yor Requests here

Discussion in 'Feedback' started by ElectricSavant, Dec 5, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. OK, I think that any firm who has sponsored since 2001, who is still in business and has sponsored each and every year, should have their 2007 sponsorship fees waived or reduced as a showing of the mutual long term commitment. If that doesn't work, then perhaps a couple of 3X golf and T-shirts.

Jim Bob of "Where'd they Go Trading, LLC"

:) :) :)

#21     Dec 7, 2006
  2. bring back signature lines and permit avatars.

regards,

surfer

#22     Dec 8, 2006
  3. Pekelo

Pekelo

If you do, make them a choice. I hate both... :)

P.S.: What is the point of a signature line???It gets old after the 3rd reading...

#23     Dec 8, 2006
  4. ET is a great site where people actually come together and have intelligent discussions. Although there is rivalry between some members, and some negative-minded people, it doesn't change the fact that overall this is a great place to learn and make connections. Maybe in 2007 ET could sponsor some kind of trading competition. With ET's reputation, I think it would receive good publicity. Keep up the good work.

-Jimmy

#24     Dec 8, 2006
  5. billp

billp

Do not have smaller text please. Its already small enough as it is. What do you want ETers to be, all ETers with squinty eyes?

#25     Dec 8, 2006
  6. #26     Dec 8, 2006
  7. I like the format of ET the way it is - no changes.

I do think you should migrate to a pay membership though. That would keep a huge portion of the idiots, spammers, and multiple aliases out.

:eek:

#27     Dec 8, 2006
  8. Pekelo

Pekelo

Another idea: certain posters could get a label as "distinguished member" or "golden membership" or "trustworthy fellow".
    It would be rewarded by the vote of at least 3 moderators based on other people's nomination or such.

Who would get it?

A poster who posts good/correct answers, interesting threads and doesn't get involved in namecalling and other type of stupidity.

What's the point:

1. Newbies could evaluate posts by such individuals as more trustworthy then just an average poster. Since newbies don't know older posters.
    2. It would be a badge of honor and would promote nice behavior.

When to give it?

It is not the number of posts but the quality of the posts. Still, a minimum number of posts would be prefered, let's say at least 100 or whatever you guys think is sufficient to evaluate somebody.

Can it be withdrawn?

Yes, if the poster changes his behavior the badge/label could be withdrawn...

Again, it is not rewarding 2000+ posts but acknowlidging QUALITY...

P.S.: If a poster mainly posts in the Chit-chat or Politics section, he shouldn't try to gun for the label...

#28     Dec 9, 2006
  9. how about a realtime index ticker across the top or bottom of the page? this info is available free.

surf

#29     Dec 9, 2006
  10. there should be a better way to follow threads and replies inside the thread, like gmail. that way when you use "email notification" it only sends you relevant replies and not unrelated ones. (i dont use the email feature because of this).

#30     Dec 10, 2006
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.