It is going to be an awesome 2007 for ET Log yor Requests here

Discussion in 'Feedback' started by ElectricSavant, Dec 5, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sulli

sulli

RSS feed

#11     Dec 6, 2006
  2. Baron

Baron ET Founder

#12     Dec 6, 2006
  3. Here is another idea.

We need a longer home page identifying the list of recent posts or a tighter list...or smaller text or whatever....maybe a framed scroll box..I really do not know.

In the AM the traffic is quite heavy in ET and recent posts scroll off the screen.

Michael B.

P.S. The scroll boxes could have titles such as last day....and last week....and last 15 days...just ideas folks...Post them here in this thread.

Joe is going to KILL me

#13     Dec 6, 2006
  4. Bring riskarb back...

#14     Dec 6, 2006
  5. sulli

sulli

Thanks, I didn't see that.

#15     Dec 6, 2006
  6. It will be a long haul.

There are not any good dictionaries presently available.

Two lists will emerge and then you will probably get into the work and the presentation considerations.

The reasons why there are not any good presentations at this time takes some thinking about.

The longer list than the glossary list is one I have dubbed "subjects". It is a good list for seeing where to park stuff if a person is writing up trading stuff. My list is about 700 subjects long at this point. I compiled it from about 100 books where the books were under 5 categories. I have the list color coded by the categories.

I suggest that you use a web location for building the ET thing. It should have access for writers to drop off copy and access for editors to pick up copy. The Wikki coding for the web site is best.

As an "external" chart/index I am using the subject list as a SKU for interconnecting about 9 other well known trading methods. That way any person using any method can go to the chart/index and use a link to get to another place in the network.

Another associated interesting aspect of servicing learners or those at inquiry is a three dimensional construct that deals with skill levels and depth of learning along a ring of learning considerations. There seem to be about 1500 topical considerations at this point. The majority of them, unfortunately, are generally the myths of the markets and trading. It is one tough situation for anyon self learning to know when they are barking up the wrong tree.

I have set up the process for hooking all three of these together. It may be helpful soon.

As the web was being invented there was a great FAQ effort at that time; it mostly included glossary items as a subset. It is humongous these days. The usual problems exist but it is helpful.

Good luck on your up coming efforts.

#16     Dec 6, 2006
  7. Thanks Jack. My vision is to complement the resource that ET has become. I hope with the help of all the guests we can make beautiful music together. The tune of trading and human nature is the magnet. There is much, much more to trading than meets the eye.

Any projects that ET implements should cater to the widest audience it can in my opinion. ET is a neutral trading site that all are welcome to visit, learn and share. ET is a unique site that presents itself wide open to the world of traders and offers the canvas to draw upon.

I have spoken with Baron and his focus is on ET and I am so proud to be a part of it. If you could hear how committed he is and the vision he has you would...well you would say to yourself it is refreshing to meet one who has focused their energy on their thankless service to the trading community...EVEN AFTER ALL OF THESE YEARS.

It is so awesome to converse with the down-to-earth personalities that ET has captured the interest of and allowed to be a part of the development. That is you guests...That right...you make this the place ET is. The culture here represents the Elite in the trading community and THERE IS NO OTHER SITE LIKE IT.

At the same time the leaders in the industry read this site. You would be surprised the names that read this site. There have been recent expos and events bringing the industry together and they are very aware of ET. This is not imagination. THEY ARE VERY AWARE OF ET. It is just so awesome to be able to write in a noteworthy open forum of leaders in the trading industry. Other sites are trying to build...but cannot even come close.

Keep the great feedback coming and write down what you feel would make ET even better.

You are the artists...ET is the canvas.

Thank you.

Michael B.

#17     Dec 6, 2006
  8. Has Baron planted a chip in your brain? Or have you been a victim of a Body Snatcher?

#18     Dec 6, 2006
  9. Those of you that are potential sponsors.

Don't try and take over the trading world.

You have a forum at your finger tips ...why would you need your own FAQ and forums sections, when you have an established trading community as a tool for your website customer service?

Build your long term goals and become sponsors of ET. If your a flash in the pan...well you will not last. If you offer great service and products for traders...then your light will shine through...it takes time....but if you recognize what "we the traders" need...well ET can become the most effective tool you have in your arsenal.

Lay yourself open...you can't please everyone, but by exposing yourself to the Elite Trader community you access an up and running forum for YOU.

Contact Baron for his ideas how you can integrate your customer service into the EliteTrader forum.

Michael B.

#19     Dec 6, 2006
  10. forex-forex,

I have been here from the beginning as a lurker and then a guest. I remember when Baron was trading and sharing on this site...do you?

ET is a large part of my life and continues to be.

ET can be an intimidating place where new traders are just afraid to graduate from lurker to guest. I know..I was one of them for many years.

forex-forex..I would like to ask you what your post has to offer in this feedback thread? After hundreds of posts..you are an ambassador for ET. Is this what you would like to share in the feedback forum that Baron moderates?

Also I would like to remind you that I am an independent thinker and I volunteer to be a part of this great trading community. I am honored to be a guest and I try and do my part in moderating spam. Simply...I believe in what I am doing and how I am spending my time.

When you see ET in 2007...you can look back at your contribution and wonder... who wrote that? I am not embarrassed for anything I have written in this thread.

Michael B.

#20     Dec 6, 2006
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.