IT engineer compensation in a hedge fund

Discussion in 'Prop Firms' started by saminny, Mar 23, 2009.

1. They gave me a base of 100 at the IB, +40k guaranteed on the first year. I ended up working 9 months, getting the full 40 on the first year.

I'm not IT, though. I'm front-office business group, but work on software directly used by the traders. i.e., they yell at me directly. This position is garbage though, because the technical talent beside me is very poor. Or, at least, the talent that was there left long ago and there's a skeleton crew remaining that, I think, does not have what it takes. I'm seeing a dying ship where I am, debating putting out my resume again.

#21     Mar 24, 2009
  2. riskcap

riskcap

How many others are working on Hedge fund database? If the co has capital expect on 60k-80k only if there are others on the project. Now if you are the LEAD P.M. then expect 125k-200k or more. What are you doing? How good is it? Who else has it? etc.

It all depends on the contract you signed. If you are an employee your screwed expect min. I hired on a contract basis for about 20k per month each Max rate 200k when I was writing into my NASDAQ MPID FIX API.

Those days are over. If your getting paid today just run to the bank while its still there.

M2cents

#22     Mar 26, 2009