It Begins. Holder Announces Plan To Ban Semi-Auto Guns

Discussion in 'Politics' started by AAAintheBeltway, Feb 26, 2009.

1. =======================
    TJ;
    I have plenty of breath;
    and ammo.

And besides, serious students of 2nd ammendments/history;
    know the main threat, historicaly is big gov.

And JPFO [Jews for Possession Of Firearms ownership] has evidence the words ''sporting use'' is an evil idea right from the Nazi gun laws.
    ==========================================

That's a big reason.why I am against so called assault weapons micro-management ban; even though it helps sell more guns!!

:cool: And if they must set free gitmo terrorists, put them in Alcatraz Island/prison= Rep Nancy P district:D

#31     Feb 27, 2009
  2. =============================

Amen, give the deer a chance;
    wildlife is state/private partnership, professionaly managed, i wish you would research that , as you do for trading.

And i dont know much about nukes;
    except people like Iran, & others could care less about laws

And Mr Landis,thank you, but i think you missed the point[your FBI friends will confirm this]-state laws are not even needed. Fed law [except gun shows] are highly precise ,HIGHLY EXACT.

Ever seen the multi-page fed form required to buy a firearm[required in ANY state?????????????????????????????????????????????????
    :cool:

#32     Feb 27, 2009
  3. Lucrum

Lucrum

What is the difference between a "military-style semiautomatic assault weapon" and a semiautomatic hunting "weapon"?

#33     Feb 27, 2009
  4. Assuming that to be true, then what was the "hallmark" of 8 years of George Bush?

#34     Feb 27, 2009
  5. "A key concept in defining the military assault rifle is the ability to provide a large volume of fire through fully-automatic or burst fire modes. Every nation that uses the term assault rifle refers to a rifle with said capability. A semi-automatic rifle does not have the capability to lay down large volumes of fire required for modern military assault operations and has not been defined as an assault rifle by any nation. The term assault weapon is more encompassing and fluid than the term assault rifle and leads to confusion that these semi-automatic weapons are fully automatic or would be used by militaries in assault operations. Further, the National Firearms Act of 1934 specifically addresses fully automatic weapons, and the private ownership and usage of them is extremely regulated. To add to the confusion, the media often refers to these semi-automatic rifles as military-style assault weapons.[4] Military assault rifles are also designated under the heading of assault weapon systems by several countries but are capable of full automatic fire creating more confusion."

Technically, an MSSA is any "self-loading" (semi-automatic) firearm (unless it is a pistol) that has any of the following features:

* Folding or telescopic butt
    * Bayonet lug
    * Free-standing "military-style" pistol grip
    * Flash suppressor
    * A magazine that holds (or looks like it could hold) more than 15 rounds of .22 rimfire or 7 rounds of any other cartridge

http://www.answers.com/topic/assault-weapon

#35     Feb 27, 2009
  6. Lucrum

Lucrum

And how is it that semiauto weapons with any or all of the following
    features

* Folding or telescopic butt
    * Bayonet lug
    * Free-standing "military-style" pistol grip
    * Flash suppressor
    * A magazine that holds (or looks like it could hold) more than 15 rounds of .22 rimfire or 7 rounds of any other cartridge

make a weapon so much more dangerous or in need of regulation?

#36     Feb 27, 2009

7. I am actually disgusted at this post. I can't believe how UN-american you are. You pathetic liberals with your hippie horseshit serisouly have your head up your ass. It's people like you that deserve to be in a situation where your life is endangered and have a wake up call. Idiots like you wouldn't survive.

It has nothing to do with owning firearms without having responsibility for them. It's about our rights as americans. Not everyone who owns a firearm is a redneck who likes to shoot rabbits in his backyard for fun while drinking beer. You are naive and moronic. Many people collect firearms like other people collect art. CAN they be used for harm? of course, but so can a pen. You want to put a ban on BIC as well? I live in new york and its annoying how many stupid liberals there are in this city. When you start to get further out of the city the less liberal it is. I collect firearms because I love them. And yes if there was a situation that required lethal force, I will be prepared. I'm not going to let some wanker try and do something to me or anyone I know if I can help it. But if you want to ban firearms so that only the people that dont care if they go to prison have them then you should move to east new york for a little while. Hang around there with your girlfriend for a little while, especially late at night. Its a great time to get to know the neighborhood. If you don't get stabbed or shot yourself then your girlfriend will probably just get raped in front of you while you're held at gunpoint by a guy who got his hands on a gun illegally because he doesn't care. But since you are a hippie you're just going to let it happen and be a victim. Good for you. Me, I'd prefer to have it the other way. If some asshole doesn't care about going to jail or causing harm to others I have no remorse for him to begin with. By me being able to LEGALLY carry a firearm and protect myself in a given situation, I know things like that won't happen.

#37     Feb 27, 2009
  8. If someone is collecting firearms for "art" then they can have the firing pin disabled.

Am I a hippie?

Sure, I'll take peace and love over violence and the fear driven wacko redneck gun nut...

#38     Feb 27, 2009
  9. does the 'right to bear arms' mean endless shot AUTO MAGS?

i think it means the right to bear a muzzleloader . i don't have a problem with that :D

#39     Feb 27, 2009
  10. Guns don't kill. Brown people kill.

I could arm every household in Walnut Creek and there wouldn't be a homicide. If I dropped a single gun into Richmond or Oakland it would find a way to shoot someone in a robbery.......

#40     Feb 27, 2009