It Begins. Holder Announces Plan To Ban Semi-Auto Guns

Discussion in 'Politics' started by AAAintheBeltway, Feb 26, 2009.

1. Did you not cover yourself in the 93, 98 and 2007 scare?

Dumb dumb..

#11     Feb 26, 2009
  2. Yes you can.

East coast types barely know their head from their arseholes. AAA is prime example.

#12     Feb 26, 2009
  3. I suppose all your points are accurate, but so what? They don't contradict anything I wrote. Those nevada provisions are analogous to what most western and southern states have.

Your implicit argument is that criminals can get guns because they are not regulated enough. Maybe a few do slip through the net, but there has never been any evidence that gun show sales or private sales are a major source of firearms for gangs, etc.

We could put quite a few more criminals in jail if we did away with the Bill of Right protections provided them, most of which are not even spelled out in the actual Bill of rights but were invented by judges. Liberals would go nuts at the very idea, but they expect us to give away our Second Amednment rights just because they throw around some unproven arguments about criminals buying guns. Here's a novel idea. Let liberals show they are actually serious about prosecuting and putting in jail real criminals before they start lecturing us on how we are soft on crime. Focus on criminals, not on turning law abiding people into criminals because they want to own a gun.

#13     Feb 26, 2009
  4. Maybe a few do slip through the net?
    Man, you really need a reality check.

I completely refuted just about everything that you claimed, and now you pull the . . . "but there has never been any evidence that gun show sales or private sales are a major source of firearms for gangs, etc." out of your ass, and with no substantiation???

Please, stop being such a FOOL.
    And stop wasting my time.

I have friends that are FBI in "gang" squads here in California and they will tell you quite the opposite.

But this is purely a waste of my time.
    You only want to hear what fits into your "agenda".

You are now on IGNORE.

#14     Feb 26, 2009
  5. Arnie

Arnie

When you use the term "machine gun" that implies its fully automatic...one press of the trigger fires multiple rounds as long as the trigger is pressed. Trust me, you can't buy one of those anywhere in the US without a special permit.

I think you meant "semi-automatic" which means one pull of the trigger, one shot, without having to pull the receiver back or otherwise load a nother shell. A Browning Semi Auto shot gun would meet the definition of "assault weapon" and it is the gun of choice for deer hunters.

Go to a gun store and tell them you want to buy a fully automatice machine gun and after they laugh you out the door, come back here and tell us about it. :D

It has been unlawful since 1934 (The National Firearms Act) for civilians to own machine guns without special permission from the U.S. Treasury Department. Machine guns are subject to a $200 tax every time their ownership changes from one federally registered owner to another, and each new weapon is subject to a manufacturing tax when it is made, and it must be registered with the Bureau of Alcohol Tobacco and Firearms (BATF) in its National Firearms Registry.

To become a registered owner, a complete FBI background investigation is conducted, checking for any criminal history or tendencies toward violence, and an application must be submitted to the BATF including two sets of fingerprints, a recent photo, a sworn affidavit that transfer of the NFA firearm is of "reasonable necessity," and that sale to and possession of the weapon by the applicant "would be consistent with public safety." The application form also requires the signature of a chief law enforcement officer with jurisdiction in the applicant's residence.

Since the Firearms Owners' Protection Act of May 19, 1986, ownership of newly manufactured machine guns has been prohibited to civilians. Machine guns which were manufactured prior to the Act's passage are regulated under the National Firearms Act, but those manufactured after the ban cannot ordinarily be sold to or owned by civilians.

#15     Feb 26, 2009
  6. jem

jem

In last 3 days we have increased the the threat of a great depression followed by government repression scenario by 50%.

This is really scary shit.

This week will likely be seen as the smoot hawley of this administration.

#16     Feb 26, 2009
  7. You refuted nothing. You have "friends" in the FBI. Oh, I am so impressed. Why bother with real proof when you have anecdotes from the FBI. Even if it's true, I have news for you. I don't trust the FBI with my constitutional rights. I'm sure the average FBI agent would prefer no private ownership of firearms. Just like they would probably favor no warrants needed for wiretaps, no right to counsel and the right to kill innocent people with sniper fire. Oh sorry, they already do that. (google Ruby Ridge if you don;t know what I'm talking about.)

You really are such a typical liberal. When confronted with a compelling argument that doesn't fit your liberal fantasies, you resort to name calling, then storm off in a huff. I'm sure you would have me banned if you could.

#17     Feb 26, 2009
  8. He is a typical anti-gun rights zealot. He has no idea what he's talking about, doesn't even know the difference between full auto and semi.

#18     Feb 26, 2009
  9. saxon

saxon

All kidding aside, Obama is on record as holding the opinion that the 2nd amendment does indeed imply the right of gun ownership.

The only remaining question is: What kinds of guns or arms?

As with the rest of the Constitution (where things are not spelled out in detail), I think you have to apply a "reasonableness" test to that question.

"Anything goes" is not the answer.

#19     Feb 26, 2009
  10. =======================
    Well partly true Landis.;
    but actually any dealer [gun shows do not count]is required to much, much EXACT paperwork, its federal/ itover rules all the states-none are exempt.

And the FEDS [BATF] have a huge amount of descretion on just what is/is not a private gun dealer. I have had a FFL liscense [briefly under Bill Clinton,] i got a refund on my FFL liscense, simply because it did not make sense from a risk reward ratio. Never was hassled /bothered even under Mr Clinton, even though many dealers sold plenty of guns before ''the ban'':D

And machine guns can not be purchased without big bucks liscense legal, its federal law. [Not in law enforcement, so cant speak to actual enforcement]

I would rather go thru a fed firearms liscensed dealer[ffl], which has a gunsmith, for used , older better made gun, anyway .................................................:cool:

#20     Feb 26, 2009