Issues with Stop Loss execution

Discussion in 'Retail Brokers' started by dieselmuscle, Jul 7, 2012.

1. Hi fellow traders. Anyone has ever experienced stop-loss execution issues? I trade from overseas and my broker is speedtraders. I trade via Das Trader Pro platform. Only started day-trading about 3 month ago and having major issues with my broker.

Like say I would enter into short at 37.99 and set stop loss order to buy me out at market at 38.02 and as soon as I enter this order in my position is closed out with the price ever reaching even 38.01. And at other times, price would actually go beyond my stop markt buy order and my position would still not be covered.

This has been happening for 2.5 month now and I have contacted my broker every single time this has happened but all they say is that we are sorry it's software issue which we are working on solving. I lost a bit of money due to this issue.

Does anyone here use speedtrader or das trader pro platform? Any issues like I am facing? Is this a generic issue with platform or broker? I need to know this as I am thinking about moving to another broker as it is impossible to trade without having stop-losses doing what they were designed to do in the first place.

Also, what routes do you guys use to route your stop orders though?

Thank you!!! Really appreciate your input!!!