Issues with Day Traders qualifying for a Mortgage

Discussion in 'Professional Trading' started by NERVESASTEEL, Mar 14, 2009.

1. I can't tell you how many times I've heard that. It just seems like there's more inventory with Co-ops. But duly noted!

#21     Mar 16, 2009
  2. 1) If you're a first time home buyer, you can always get a mortgage with minimal requirements. You can get 6.00% even

2) For the prime mortgage, anybody who is self-employed will have problems

3) Why would you want to buy anything in Manhattan right now? It's a losing proposition. You won't even recognize this city in a few years.

#22     Mar 16, 2009
  3. Not all co-op boards are sad, miserable souls on a power trip.

Condos are a rip-off due to maintenance costs. And you will have to deal with similiar rules.

The best decision right now is to lock in a long-term lease at a low price.

#23     Mar 16, 2009
  4. cstfx

cstfx

Actually it would be better to look at White Plains or Jersey City's Gold coast area. Both offer 25-35% better pricing and an overall higher standard of living. And you are only 1/2 at most outside the city. (In JC, it is quicker to get to lower Manhattan than if you lived on the UWS or UES)

NYC is really over-played.

#24     Mar 16, 2009
  5. JORGE

JORGE

I just purchased a home in Spokane, WA, October of last year. In addition to 20% down, I had to produce two years of tax returns, accountant verified brokerage P/L statments through October of 08, and a letter from my accountant stating I have earned steady income as a daytrader since 2001. It was a pain in the ass process, but I eventually got a decent loan through WFC, after being turned down by USB (they did not approve of my occupation, even though I more than satisfied income and asset requirements.)

#25     Mar 16, 2009
  6. Daytraders always had a bad reputation as most lose.
    More even so in this economic environment.

Banks aren't lending, not even to professionals with PHDs, MBAs, etc.
    Why they would lend to a daytrader?

Traders actually deserve to be margined from society.

#26     Mar 16, 2009
  7. Call yourself an "investor" and put 20% down.

#27     Mar 16, 2009
  8. Corelio

Corelio

lol...good luck with that.
    Folks on ET just crack me up on a daily basis.

:D

#28     Mar 16, 2009
  9. My wife and I have had this conversation many times. For better or for worse, we're married to Manhattan.

My lease is up at the end of September. If I can’t find a great deal, I’ll just renew, no big deal. Everyone is so pessimistic in the city now! “Do you think it’s too late to sell …,” is the conversation that repeats itself over and over. I think Sellers will be extremely motivated come July/August. Right now I’m just researching the market trying to estimate what a low ball bid might be for a 3BR, 2BTH, 1800 sq. ft., good location.

I may be early … but I smell a market ready to capitulate!

#29     Mar 16, 2009
  10. I hear you.

Money talks, especially in the price range that you are looking at.

Try to get creative with your deals. For example:

1. 30% to 40% down payment, and/or
    2. Seller takes back paper,and/or
    3. Seller lowers their price so that you can easily put up 30% to 40% down payment ... etc., etc.

If you've thought this far out, I am sure you have come up with some fairly creative ideas ... FTR, I think you are early, tool. :)

#30     Mar 16, 2009