Issues opening new account, in progress since March

Discussion in 'Interactive Brokers' started by lily18, Sep 13, 2021.

1. lily18

lily18

To start, I'm in the United States and have been a IBKR customer for a while. I wanted to open a new account in order to use the Bill Pay service, since my old/current account isn't configured for it (this is what customer support told me).

My application has been pending since March. I send messages to customer support that I never get a response to, I'm able to reach a representative only once a month and when I do, they tell me there was either a "glitch" or that they never received the identity documents I sent (which I then send again), and that my account will be open in 3 more weeks.

This is incredibly frustrating, to say the least. I'd had no problems as a customer before this. Has anyone experienced, or heard of anything like this? Thanks.

2. def

def Sponsor

It shouldn't take long to open an account I agree, something is amiss. if you wish, send me your username or account number via PM and I will make sure the accounts team follows up. Sorry about the hassle.

3. lily18

lily18

Thanks for your reply. I tried to send you a PM but I couldn't find a link to send you one. Perhaps because I'm a new member? If you could PM me instead, that would be great. Thanks.

4. SunTrader

SunTrader

Inbox (Above right) Start a new private thread?

5. lily18

lily18

Oh I see the link now. I could've sworn it wasn't there at first. Thanks