Issue with block function----Folks can still quote your postings

Discussion in 'Feedback' started by Buy1Sell2, Jan 27, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Pekelo

Pekelo

You can't completely block someone. He can sign out and read everyone's posts.

Also another explanation: You block me. I sign out, read your post, copy it. Sign back, quote your copied post. Voila!

Another thing, you should not be able to see an Ignored person quotes.

#11     Jan 30, 2021
  2. Buy1Sell2

Buy1Sell2

Yep, that's why I think another tweak to prevent that would be a good thing. In any event. I'm not going to worry about it anymore. It is what it is.

#12     Jan 30, 2021
    FortuneTeller likes this.
  3. Pekelo

Pekelo

Attaboy!! That has been my policy for at least 5 years. Anyone can say anything behind my back, as long as I don't know about it, it doesn't exist! :)

#13     Jan 30, 2021
  4. Tony Stark

Tony Stark

You repeatedly block and unblock me.I think you're just forgetting when you have me blocked.

#14     Feb 9, 2021
    wrbtrader likes this.
  5. wrbtrader

wrbtrader

This is the exact reason why I strongly favor the "permanent block" feature. If we put someone on block...a message pops up to confirm that it will be a 'permanent block".

It will remove a person ability to play games with the block feature and then complain when they get caught playing those games by someone that then quotes their messages in between the blocks.

I caught someone playing the exact same game but I was able to put him on block in between his blocks on me. Now, he and everyone else I have on block...they will remain that way forever.

Regardless, the ignore / block feature is not perfect and there's a few glitches.

wrbtrader

#15     Feb 9, 2021
    Tony Stark likes this.
  6. Buy1Sell2

Buy1Sell2

No I don't. I don't play the block/unblock game. Once I block, you're on there for a long time. I have recently unblocked you however as you were able to quote my postings when you were blocked so there was no point in having you blocked.

#16     Feb 9, 2021
  7. Tony Stark

Tony Stark

You have blocked and unblocked me on multiple occasions.There have been plenty of times I have seen your Dems are going to lose 2020 thread missing for about a week than a week later I see it again .

#17     Feb 9, 2021
  8. Tsing Tao

Tsing Tao

how can you even see this if he is blocked?

If you have him blocked, you wouldn't see him at all to take a screenshot. If you don't, then he can quote you. If you log out to check (I don't get this, but whatever) then you'll see both.

#18     Feb 15, 2021
  9. Buy1Sell2

Buy1Sell2

I logged out to check the feature and saw that he was quoting my postings. I now have unblocked since the feature does not work properly as he can obviously log out, then login in as a different nick and then copy my posting and paste it back from his clipboard once he logs back in as the blocked poster.

#19     Feb 15, 2021
  10. userque

userque

[​IMG]

#20     Feb 15, 2021
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.