Israelis murder seven Palestinians who were picnicking on beach

Discussion in 'Politics' started by ZZZzzzzzzz, Jun 9, 2006.

1. I don't remember saying it was. I said the world of public opinion does not necessarilly accuse the person who pulled the trigger of murder.

I'm guessing world opinion will not be supportive to the murder of people on a beach.

World Opinion wasn't even in support of the assassination of the guy in a wheel chair with a missile who was a bad guy...

Wrong
    murderer: one who commits the crime of murder.

Murder, even in self defense, is still a murder. To take a life is to kill.

From Dictionary.com

Main Entry: murder
    Part of Speech: verb
    Definition: kill

It is humane to kill innocent people at a beach?

Will Israel subject itself to an independent court of law to determine if it was a crime to kill those people? Will Israel allow themselves to be judged by International Law?

Which was used by militants to launch rockets into another counry. Clearly they were uses as human shields.

Clearly in your opinion they were, why not let an International Court decide?

#31     Jun 10, 2006

2. Ya, I'm crushed you flower picking Prius driving sweathog.

#32     Jun 10, 2006
  3. I'm guessing world opinion will not be supportive to the murder of people on a beach.
    World Opinion wasn't even in support of the assassination of the guy in a wheel chair with a missile who was a bad guy...

I'll tell you more, the world opinion did not support Israel's raid on Iraqi nuclear reactor in 1981 either. As you said before the world opinion is hardly a valid criteria espeically when it comes to jews and Israel.

Murder, even in self defense, is still a murder. To take a life is to kill.
    Fine with me then , according to you soldiers are murderers, police officers are murderers, drivers who kill others in car accidents are murderers regardless of whose fault it was, ever Merck's employee is a murderer etc.

It is humane to kill innocent people at a beach?
    It is human to make mistakes, you're not wael, you're not implying that they did it on purpose, are you? And they did what any country would have done - they retaliated against a foreign attack.

Will Israel subject itself to an independent court of law to determine
    if it was a crime to kill those people?

Immediately after Palesitinians subject themselves to an independent court of law to determine whether their thousands of terror attacks and never ending rocket attacks are a crime. How does that sound?

PS There is no international law, you're obsessed with something that does not exist.

#33     Jun 10, 2006

4. I'll tell you more, the world opinion did not support Israel's raid on Iraqi nuclear reactor in 1981 either. As you said before the world opinion is hardly a valid criteria espeically when it comes to jews and Israel.

To the self righteous, the only criteria they use is their own sense of self righteousness.

Both Israelis and Palestinians have this going on in spades...

Fine with me then , according to you soldiers are murderers, police officers are murderers, drivers who kill others in car accidents are murderers regardless of whose fault it was, ever Merck's employee is a murderer etc.

Soldiers and police are sanctioned by the state to murder.

Vehicular homicide is murder.

If a drug is lethal when used according to the label and under doctor's care, yes, it is murder.

Negligent homicide is still murder.

Main Entry: homicide
    Part of Speech: noun
    Definition: killing
    Synonyms: assassination, bang job, big chill*, bloodshed, bump-off*, butchery, carnage, crime, death, erase*, foul play, hit, manslaughter, murder, offing, ride, rubout*, scragging, slaying, wasting, works
    Source: Roget's New Millennium™ Thesaurus, First Edition (v 1.2.1)
    Copyright © 2006 by Lexico Publishing Group, LLC. All rights reserved.
    * = informal or slang

It is human to make mistakes, you're not wael, you're not implying that they did it on purpose, are you? And they did what any country would have done - they retaliated against a foreign attack.

I don't know if they did it on purpose or not, do you?

It was still murder of innocent civillians.

I see a cycle of violence between Israel and Palestinians, and neither one takes any blame or feels at fault, and both sides rationalize murder as "justified."

Immediately after Palesitinians sugject themselves to an independent court of law to determine whether their thousands of terror attacks and never ending rocket attacks are a crime. How does that sound?

So they have to go first?

How adult...

PS There is no international law, you're obsessed with something that does not exist.

Not recognizing International Law doesn't mean it doesn't exist...

http://www.un.org/law/

#34     Jun 10, 2006
  5. Soldiers and police are sanctioned by the state to murder.
    So you have no problem with Israeli soldier then, right?

Vehicular homicide is murder.
    If a drug is lethal when used according to the label and under doctor's care, yes, it is murder.
    Negligent homicide is still murder.

As I said before it's fine with me, call it a murder if you will, my point was that it was not a crime and it still stands.

I don't know if they did it on purpose or not, do you?
    You jump to conclusions that it was a crime, I have no reason to and am willing to give them the benefit of the doubt.

So they have to go first?
    Yep, why not, and if they don't like the outcome they will likely blow up the court.

Not recognizing International Law doesn't mean it doesn't exist...
    A piece of paper which has never been tried in court is not a valid law, the law without tens of thousands of cases, millions of precedents, gazilions of amendments based on real life situations that the original law did not anticipate - the law without all that is not a real law but a worthless piece of paper.

#35     Jun 10, 2006
  6. bronks

bronks

THAT'S THE SPIRIT!

#36     Jun 10, 2006
  7. Very sad indeed. I find myself angry at the killing. Isreal has to be the bigger person and show restraint to show the rest of the world and put pressure on the terrorist groups that run Palestine.

It begs the question, if the soldiers that perpetrated the act are brought to justice by Isreal why doesn't hamas bring the people who shoot rockets into Isreal to justice?

WAEL, do the palestinian rocket launchers inflame you as much as the isrealis that perpetrated this killing?

#37     Jun 10, 2006

8. So you have no problem with Israeli soldier then, right?

If the soldier was just following orders, then he, along with those who gave the orders are murderers.

As I said before it's fine with me, call it a murder if you will, my point was that it was not a crime and it still stands.

It is a murder, and it is a crime.

That Israel will not subject themselves to an independent body to verify that it was a crime...is also a crime.

You jump to conclusions that it was a crime, I have no reason to and am willing to give them the benefit of the doubt.

Past history suggests that it is a crime.

All the UN resolutions against Israel that are ignored by Israel also suggests that it was criminal.

That it happened in the context of an ongoing war with the Palestinians, makes it a war crime.

Yep, why not, and if they don't like the outcome they will likely blow up the court.

Yes, sounds like something both Israelis and Palestinians would do.

A piece of paper which has never been tried in court is not a valid law, the law without tens of thousands of cases, millions of precedents, gazilions of amendments based on real life situations that the original law did not anticipate - the law without all that is not a real law but a worthless piece of paper.

More rationalization, more self righteousness based thinking.

That is why people who have no allegiance to either side, who are objective, see that both Israel and the Palestinians are two sides of the same coin. Neither side admits it does anything wrong, and rationalizes and justifies murder on a continual basis.

#38     Jun 10, 2006
  9. It is a murder, and it is a crime.
    It's a murder if you believe any loss of life is a murder and that's your personal definition which is not shared by the rest of the world (including the webster dictionary). It's a crime if there was a criminal intent, negligence or criminal incompetence. Personally I don't believe in intent, negligence and/or incompetence may indeed turn out to be the case but at this moment your opinion is as good as mine.

That Israel will not subject themselves to an independent body to verify that it was a crime...is also a crime.
    Neither will palestinians. The US, India, Pakistan, all arab countries, russia and quite a lot of other countries are not willing to subject themselves to an "independent body" either. But you know what, find a truly independent body willing to consider the entire history of the conflict, not just one misguided military strike, find an independent body like that and Israel might just be willing to subject themselves to it. You are not claiming that the UN representing 1 billion muslims from 100 oil rich countries is an independent and unbiased body, are you?

That is why people who have no allegiance to either side, who are objective, see that both Israel and the Palestinians are two sides of the same coin.
    Just because two sides are fighting does not mean they are both guilty, let alone equally guilty. There is a huge difference betwen the side which always attacks and the side which retaliates (even if this retaliation is occasionally heavy handed), between the side that offers peace while it can easily wipe out the enemy and the side which refuses any peace proposal and will not accept anything short of complete victory and annihilation of the other side.

#39     Jun 10, 2006

10. It's a murder if you believe any loss of life is a murder and that's your personal definition which is not shared by the rest of the world (including the webster dictionary). It's a crime if there was a criminal intent, negligence or criminal incompetence. Personally I don't believe in intent, negligence and/or incompetence may indeed turn out to be the case but at this moment your opinion is as good as mine.

Crime doesn't require criminal intent.

It is breaking of a law. People are charged with crimes for making mistakes, i.e. drunk driving. I doubt many drunks intend to have accidents. Some may not have intended to even drive home, but in their drunken condition, they convinced themselves that they could indeed drive.

Neither will palestinians subject themselves to an independent body. BTW, the US, India, Pakistan, all arab countries, russia and quite a lot of other countries are not willing to subject themselves to an "independent body" either. But you know what, find a truly independent body willing to consider the entire history of the conflict, not just one misguided military strike, find an independent body like that and Israel might just be willing to subject themselves to it. You are not saying that the UN representing 1 billion muslims from 100 oil rich countries is an independent and unbiased body, are you?

It is easy enough to find 12 people who have no stake in what happens to either Israel or the Palestinians.

I have no stake, I think both parties are wrong to continually engage in violence and rationalize it.

Just because two sides are fighting does not mean they are both guilty, let alone equally guilty. There is a huge difference betwen the side which always attacks and the side which retaliates (even if this retaliation is occasionally heavy handed), between the side that offers peace while it can easily wipe out the enemy and the side which refuses any peace proposal and will not accept anything short of complete victory and annihilation of the other side.

I know that many Jews are masters of guilt trips, that they often want others to believe that they never do anything wrong, that they are perpetual victims.

Sorry, been there, done that.

Throwing the second punch is wrong.
    Two wrongs don't make it right.

See, that's the bottom line. We have two cultures who are not rational, but rather overtly religious, and practice a religions of vengeance. The cycle of violence will never end. Eye for an eye thinking, until they forget why it is that they are really fighting. The children of both the Israelis and the Palestinians are not born hating each other....they are indoctrinated into the world of hate and blame, victimization, and rationalization of continual hatred and bloodshed.

We have a Jewish state, and we have an Islamic state, and both think they have done nothing wrong, and believe they are eternally justified in killing each other.

Hatfields and McCoys, but in this case, they essentially are working off the same script.

#40     Jun 10, 2006