Israelis feel “on their own” under Obama

Discussion in 'Politics' started by bearice, Feb 27, 2011.

1. Former Arkansas Gov. Mike Huckabee, who recently returned from a trip to Israel, tells Newsmax that the Israelis feel “on their own” and no longer can rely on the United States under President Barack Obama.

The 2008 Republican presidential candidate also says the Obama administration has mismanaged its response to the turmoil in the Middle East and has treated adversary Iran better than longtime ally Egypt.

http://www.newsmax.com/InsideCover/mike-huckabee-israel-obama/2011/02/26/id/387571

Lone and free-mind Israel can change world economy.

2. Well that will happen when you have a muslim prezident.

3. clacy

clacy

Obama is not a Muslim, just as he isn't a true Christian, IMO. He uses his political, racial and religious ambiguity to his advantage.

When he sees an advantage to playing on his Muslim ties, he does so. When he sees an advantage to pretend to be a Christian, he does so. When he sees an advantage in playing up his "blackness", he does so. When he sees an advantage in "acting white", he does so. When he sees an advantage in appealing to the independents, he says he's a centrist. When he sees advantage in appealing to leftists, he talks class warfare and entitlements.

He is the embodiment of the politician.

4. Like I said he's a muslim
    There are two forms of lying to non-believers that are permitted under certain circumstances, taqiyya and kitman. These circumstances are typically those that advance the cause Islam - in some cases by gaining the trust of non-believers in order to draw out their vulnerability and defeat them. http://www.thereligionofpeace.com/Quran/011-taqiyya.htm

5. clacy

clacy

I agree that Obama is purposely trying to weaken the US and Israel. I just don't believe it's because he's a Muslim. I think his religion of choice is statism/leftism.

I think his upbringing has produced the epitome of ambiguity. This type of multi-culturalism, where one tries to embrace and believe in everything, eventually results in that person believing in nothing, except the state.

6. Not enough Americans die for a foreign interests. Not enough chance to play Jesus. America: the prideful Golem.

7. Birds of a feather flock together.

8. Ash1972

Ash1972

I think any attacks on Obama's religion or supposed place of birth are counterproductive because they completely miss the point and frankly make the Tea Party movement, which is based on inherently sound ideas, look stupid and bigoted.

He's a poor president because he cannot stand up to his own party and make the spending cuts necessary . None of this is any surprise - his ultra liberal 2008 campaign told you pretty much what was inside the can.

Where was Ross Perot (or someone similar) in 2008? I really think such a candidate might have won.

9. Continued from Newsmax article:

The idea that America can coexist with radical Islam, he adds, is “utter naïve nonsense, because their goal is the annihilation of all the infidels, including all the Muslims who don’t adhere to their radical view of shariah law and to the establishment of a caliphate.”

Asked whether the Obama administration has done enough to deal with the outbreak of protests in the Middle East, Huckabee responds: “No. In fact, I think their problem is they don’t even know what’s going on.

Furthermore, he says, “the way we mismanaged that is that we simply sent a message to all our allies in the Middle East, not just in the Middle East but everywhere, and here’s what it said: No matter how strong an ally you have been, if you get in trouble, you are so on your own, because we are immediately going to pick who we think is going to win and jump on their tank with them.”

Egyptian President Hosni Mubarak “had been an ally for 30 years. He had kept the peace with Israel. Without praising him or trying to keep him in power, the president could have said this is a matter for the Egyptian people to determine. We respect their sovereignty as a nation, and if their people choose to depose their government, then we won’t interfere with that. But we certainly acknowledge the relationship we have had with President Mubarak and we are grateful that he has kept the peace.

“What [Obama] did by immediately calling for Mubarak’s ouster was something he never did for [Iranian President Mahmoud] Ahmadinejad during the uprising in 2009. We are essentially saying we treat our enemies better than we treat our friends. He never called for the ouster or the stepping down of Ahmadinejad, but on day one he’s calling for Mubarak to step down.”

http://www.newsmax.com/InsideCover/mike-huckabee-israel-obama/2011/02/26/id/387571

10. As far as I can recall Bush snr was not that hot on Israel either and Bush jnr was ambiguous at best, Clinton was on good footings with Israel through most of his tenure. I believe Israel given the hype surrounding President Obama and his rather close connections with the Jewish element in the Democratic party had really set itself up for disappointment. They expected great things.

#10     Feb 27, 2011