israeli ground invasion this weekend, signal of bottom for the market?

Discussion in 'Wall St. News' started by rabmanducky, Jul 21, 2006.

Will the markets rally when the israeli starts a ground war

1. yes

11 vote(s)
    26.8%
  2. no

30 vote(s)
    73.2%
  1. 2ticks

2ticks

When the bell rings, a bottom will be in.

[​IMG]

#11     Jul 21, 2006
  2. well we wont get a bell ringing for the war tobe over. But maybe a relief rally.

#12     Jul 22, 2006
  3. I like most of you would hate to see the middle east crisis escalate even further.

On the other hand, I think a huge fight is coming, what some may say will be WWIII. If that is the case, I would rather have that fight now before the wackos are at their strongest. Of course there is never a good time to have a war.

Unbelievable that in this day and age people just hate other people because they are different. I guess that will never change.

God bless the U.S. soldiers who put their lives on the line so we can sit in our comfortable homes talking trading.

#13     Jul 22, 2006
  4. ellokn

ellokn

It is an unfolding disaster and unlikely to benefit anyone. For those who are old enough, go back to the news 20 years ago as Israel invaded Lebanon previously. The rhetoric (right to defend itself, blah blah blah,) was exactly the same.

Nothing changes. The stakes are higher this time and there are attempts to suck Syria and Iran into this. It is all very depressing and I am pessimistic for all of the ME, including Israel.

The US will suffer as well.

#14     Jul 22, 2006
  5. Barrons magazine this weekend has an article called

"time to buy" ( a few big cap. names )

in a few days - weeks or months the author will look
    like a genius or have some egg on his face

:)

#15     Jul 24, 2006
  6. You are right, the Muslims are still up to their old behaviour and are too stupid to understand that theirs is a loosing game.

http://www.elitetrader.com/vb/showthread.php?s=&postid=1141307#post1141307

psycho analitics

:eek:

#16     Jul 24, 2006
  7. I think what a lot of the ET armchair strategists do not understand is the following: Today it happens in the Middle East, tomorrow it will be in your hometown and the day after it will be your personal life with honor killings etc.

There is no freedom in a Muslim society, it is a religious (and violent) dicatorship.

I for one am glad that there are those who say "enough is enough. Sofar and no further".

I just hope that the west is not once again selling out the Jews as happened before WW II. ( this time just because they do not want their oil supply disrupted :eek: ) Unfortunately the signs are not good with Spain and France as examples.

psycho analitics

#17     Jul 24, 2006
  8. The Arabs will never whip the Jews who are a well drilled fighting machine with intelligent commanders...........thats why its important that the world prevent Iran's nuclear program because they r crazy enough to realise that its the only way they can whip Israel!

#18     Jul 24, 2006
  9. bsmeter

bsmeter

Not true. ( Hint: who makes the bullets in wars, spades in a gold rush etc ) There are always those who make money regardless of the outcome.

I agree.

First the many wars between European royals, then Fasicm, then communism, now fundamentalist Islam.

There will always be a convenient enemy. If one is not readily available, it will be manufactured.

And as always, the indentured servants, opps I mean the voters, will always foot the bill in blood and money.

Enough with the gloom and doom.

LETS GET BACK TO BEING ARM CHAIR GENERALS! GET THE POMS POMS OUT, RAH RAH RAH , CAN WE HAVE AN .....

#19     Jul 24, 2006
  10. toc

toc

'why its important that the world prevent Iran's nuclear program because they r crazy enough to realise that its the only way they can whip Israel'

before Iran, world will have to whip Pakistan's nuclear program. They are nearing completion of a reactor that can produce 50 nukes a year. Their current capacity is only 2. 100s or even 1000s of nukes in Islamic nations hands, we are talking a mess.

#20     Jul 24, 2006