Israeli Air Strike on Syria

Discussion in 'Politics' started by hapaboy, Sep 11, 2007.

1. Yeah, the IDF destroyed Qassam rocket-launcher sites. How dare they (the Jooz) defend themselves against these attacks?

Residents of our towns don't fire rockets into residential areas of neighboring countries and don't allow terrorists to use their property for these purposes, the government (local, state and federal) of our towns cracks down on terrorists, militants and criminals without the necessity of a foreign invasion. Duh!

PS Do you need any more evidence that you are a terrorist sympathizer? You don't have a problem with Qassam rocket attacks, you don't have a problem with Hamas's unwillingness to prevent these attacks, you have a problem with Israel's actions to stop them.

#51     Sep 15, 2007
  2. I know, man. I feel your pain. When your life doesn't go the way you wanted it to and you see the prizes you dreamt of going to others, it's understandable that you would look for someone to blame, instead of looking inside and trying to figure out what happened. It must be so hard for you to take. Such a tiny number of Jews worldwide, and such ridiculously disproportionate achievement. There are a lot of people that are jealous of the Jews, just like you. There are plenty of them here, like the badly named TorontoTrader.

The fact that you spend so much time on an anonymous message board complaining about the Jews is the most relevant thing about your posts. I believe that deep inside you know this as well. However, it's very hard to stop doing something that hits certain emotional or intellectual buttons. We all have that going on, it's just that for you, since you 'failed' to make of your life what you see others making of theirs, it's resulting in psychopathy instead of something more benign.

The saddest thing is that it's probably not too late for you to turn your life around and emulate the Jews. What they do, and what you need to do, can be summed up in two words - hard work. Then, instead of dreaming of murdering innocent civilians, you can dream of making a life with your own family.

Unfortunately, you don't seem to have the innate intelligence and/or the strength of mind to make it happen.

Best of luck to you - I mean this sincerely. I hope you can get through this and come out the other side an emotionally healthier man, even though you may be in your late 50's when you get there.

#52     Sep 15, 2007
  3. I.Q.

I.Q.

Yawn. Try a little harder, ZOG-boy. Your propoganda isn't working anymore, and Americans are starting to wake up to your lies and deceipt that have led to two disastrous wars for the U.S. so far, and probably several more to come. The backlash is coming, my friend. But then again, you already know that, don't you? LOL :p

#53     Sep 15, 2007
  4. John Bolton, the former US ambassador to the UN, told The Jerusalem Post over the weekend that "simple logic" suggested North Korea and Iran could have outsourced nuclear development "to a country that is not under suspicion" - namely Syria. Tellingly, he added: "Why would North Korea protest an Israeli strike on Syria?"

Bolton suggested that Syria, which he said has long sought a range of weapons of mass destruction, might have agreed to provide "facilities for uranium enrichment" on its territory for two allied countries which are being closely watched for nuclear development.

On Friday, Andrew Semmel, acting deputy assistant secretary of state for nuclear nonproliferation policy, told the Associated Press in Rome that North Koreans were in Syria and that Damascus may have had contacts with "secret suppliers" to obtain nuclear equipment. "There are indicators that they do have something going on there," he said.

Asked why Syria would take the risk of hosting part of a North Korean nuclear program, Bolton spoke of "Iranian compensation" and noted that "Syria is very aggressive in pursuing WMD capability." He said such a partnership would indeed be risky for Syria, but such risks might be considered worthwhile "when you're as aligned as seriously as Syria is with Iran."

"It's a diversion game - to carry on even when you are supposed to have halted, as in the case of North Korea. And I'd be surprised if Syria would do anything with North Korea without Iranian acquiescence," said Bolton.

Bolton noted that North Korea had cooperated in the past with both Syria and Iran, on ballistic missile development. For instance, he said, in the late 1990s, after an international outcry, he said, North Korea halted test launches of such missiles, but Iran continued testing and shared the results.

Bolton said he was also struck by the "hesitant way" in which Damascus had complained to the United Nations Security Council. "They have not pushed as hard as I know they know how to do in New York for condemnation. They have still not explained the nature of the attack. If it had been an attack on a Syrian military facility or civilians, they would have no problem explaining."

Bolton said it was still possible that Israel had been targeting an Iranian arms shipment being transported through Syria to Hizbullah, as some initial reports suggested. But he noted that Hizbullah had already heavily rearmed, and thought it unlikely that Israel would therefore resort to the "serious proposition" of an air strike in Syria to stop another such shipment.

http://www.jpost.com/servlet/Satellite?cid=1189411406670&pagename=JPost/JPArticle/ShowFull

#54     Sep 15, 2007
  5. reg

reg

Do you even know the meaning of "genocide"? Let me help you with it. Genocide is defined as the "systematic killing of a racial or cultural group."
    Since the article you posted stated that "the army left the area shortly before midday, with no kidnappings or injuries reported", and that the Israelis only caused "severed damage to the structures", then there was no act of genocide committed, correct?

If you want examples of acts of genocide, here is a partial listing:

January 29, 2007: Three people were killed in a suicide bombing in a bakery in Eilat, the first suicide bombing in the city. Islamic Jihad claimed responsibility for the attack.

June 25, 2006: Eliahu Asheri, 18, of Itamar, was kidnapped by Palestinian terrorists from the Popular Resistance Committees while hitchhiking from Betar Illit, southwest of Bethlehem, to Neveh Tzuf, where he was studying. His body was found on June 29 in Ramallah. Israeli Authorities believe Asheri was murdered by his captors shortly after his kidnapping.

April 17, 2006: Nine people were killed and at least 40 wounded in a suicide bombing near the old central bus station in Tel Aviv. The blast ripped through Falafel Rosh Ha'ir, the same restaurant that was hit by an attack on January 19. The Islamic Jihad and Fatah’s Al Aksa Martyrs Brigades both claimed responsibility for the attack. The Hamas led PA government defended the suicide bombing, calling it an act of "self-defense." Hamas official spokesman Sami Abu Zuhri called the attack "a natural result of the continued Israeli crimes against our people".

March 30, 2006: Four people were killed in a suicide bombing outside Kedumim in the northern West Bank. The Al-Aksa Martyrs Brigades took responsibility for the attack.

January 19, 2006: At least 30 people were injured in a suicide bombing near the old central bus station in southern Tel Aviv. Islamic Jihad claimed responsibility for the attack.

http://www.adl.org/Israel/israel_attacks.asp

Hope this clears things up a bit for you.
    Lastly, I do have an honest question for you and hope you can find time to answer it.
    This is what I would like to know - is your blind hatred for Israel and the West (particularly the USA) causing you to be stupid or is your stupidity causing you to blindly hate Israel and the West (particularly the USA)?
    I have been on this board a relatively long time and I had thought, in my personal opinion, that the most idiotic posts had come from people like bungrider, tradermaji, and mahram. It is very obvious from your posts though that you are dumber than all three of them combined.
    Cheers.

#55     Sep 15, 2007
  6. IT was just after midnight when the 69th Squadron of Israeli F15Is crossed the Syrian coast-line. On the ground, Syria’s formidable air defences went dead. An audacious raid on a Syrian target 50 miles from the Iraqi border was under way.

At a rendezvous point on the ground, a Shaldag air force commando team was waiting to direct their laser beams at the target for the approaching jets. The team had arrived a day earlier, taking up position near a large underground depot. Soon the bunkers were in flames.

According to Israeli sources, preparations for the attack had been going on since late spring, when Meir Dagan, the head of Mossad, presented Olmert with evidence that Syria was seeking to buy a nuclear device from North Korea.

The Israeli spy chief apparently feared such a device could eventually be installed on North-Korean-made Scud-C missiles.

“This was supposed to be a devastating Syrian surprise for Israel,” said an Israeli source. “We’ve known for a long time that Syria has deadly chemical warheads on its Scuds, but Israel can’t live with a nuclear warhead.”

Once the mission was under way, Israel imposed draconian military censorship and no news of the operation emerged until Syria complained that Israeli aircraft had violated its airspace. Syria claimed its air defences had engaged the planes, forcing them to drop fuel tanks to lighten their loads as they fled.

But intelligence sources suggested it was a highly successful Israeli raid on nuclear material supplied by North Korea.

Washington was rife with speculation last week about the precise nature of the operation. One source said the air strikes were a diversion for a daring Israeli commando raid, in which nuclear materials were intercepted en route to Iran and hauled to Israel. Others claimed they were destroyed in the attack.

The links between Syria and North Korea date back to the rule of Kim Il-sung and President Hafez al-Assad in the last century. In recent months, their sons have quietly ordered an increase in military and technical cooperation.

Foreign diplomats who follow North Korean affairs are taking note. There were reports of Syrian passengers on flights from Beijing to Pyongyang and sightings of Middle Eastern businessmen from sources who watch the trains from North Korea to China.

By its actions, Israel showed it is not interested in waiting for diplomacy to work where nuclear weapons are at stake.

As a bonus, the Israelis proved they could penetrate the Syrian air defence system, which is stronger than the one protecting Iranian nuclear sites.
    http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/news/world/middle_east/article2461421.ece

#56     Sep 16, 2007
  7. Soldiers from an elite Israeli unit captured nuclear material originating in North Korea from a secret Syrian military installation before IAF jets bombed it, a report by Britain's Sunday Times wrote Saturday night, quoting "informed sources in Washington and Jerusalem."

According to the sources quoted by the report, the alleged IAF attack was sanctioned by the US on September 6, after the Americans were given proof that the material was indeed nuclear related.

The sources confirmed that the materials were tested after they were taken from Syria and were found to be of North Korean origin, which raised concerns that Syria may have been trying to come into possession of nuclear arms.

The report said that the commandos, from the legendary General Staff's Reconnaissance Unit (Sayeret Matkal), may have been disguised in Syrian army uniforms. It also stated that Defense Minister Ehud Barak, who used to head the unit, personally oversaw the operation.

Israeli sources admitted that special forces had been accruing intelligence in Syria for several months, the report said, adding that evidence that North Koreans were at the site was presented to President George Bush during the summer.

The report said North Korean and Chinese diplomats believed that North Koreans were also killed in the subsequent "IAF air strike."
    http://www.jpost.com/servlet/Satellite?cid=1189411460535&pagename=JPost/JPArticle/ShowFull

#57     Sep 22, 2007