israel

Discussion in 'Hook Up' started by mrmoose, Jan 27, 2003.

1. splphil

splphil

Sababa, I think he was writing it from right to left for us Israelis...:)

As far as daytrading from Israel, if you're daytrading from an office, the hours can be somewhat difficult. But from your home it's not too bad. Of course, as Sababa said, you can trade the Dax. Or the Dax AND the SP's. As we all know, daytrading is addictive... :)

Phil
    www.sp-levels.com

#31     Feb 9, 2003
  2. trader59

trader59

Can I prop trade (none of my capital) from Israel (or anywhere else that I can get a DSL connection, for that matter)? Are there NASD issues?

#32     Feb 24, 2003
  3. sababa

sababa

There are no NASD issues. You can get a Series 7 in Israel too. Whether you'll find a firm that will let you trade remotely with no upfront cash is another story.

#33     Feb 24, 2003
  4. trader59

trader59

Someone mentioned a negative WSJ article a/b overseas trading. Anyone have a copy?

#34     Feb 24, 2003
  5. trader59

trader59

I have a Series 7 and now trade OPM. I was wondering if there are any other regulatory issues. Someone mentioned a WSJ article Can I renew my S7 (I think they call the renewal "Continuing Education") in Israel?

#35     Feb 24, 2003
  6. sababa

sababa

Since the Series 7 is carried by your prop firm, they would handle the renewals for you. If you sign up with a different firm, they handle the license transfer. As long as you're a member of a firm, your license will be active. I believe there's a 2 year grace period during which your license can be idle (not with any firm) and be renewed by another firm without retaking the exam.

I don't know what the WSJ article says, but there are issues concerning American citizens trading from offshore as a way of dodging taxes. If you are a legal resident of another country and actually reside there, you are clearly not setting up a tax dodge and have nothing to worry about.

#36     Feb 24, 2003
  7. The next time I go to Ramat Gan, I will make sure to check out Andover...

#37     Feb 24, 2003
  8. trader59

trader59

I meant, can I take the CE test w/o coming back to the U.S.

#38     Feb 24, 2003
  9. sababa

sababa

I don't know what the CE test is. When I was licensed, there wasn't any such thing. If it is necessary, I'm sure you can take it here, since you can take the Series 7 here and any other licensing exams here as well.

You can also take the GED, the SAT, and the GRE here. Higher fees and fewer test dates, but you can do it.

#39     Feb 24, 2003
  10. Actually, I will probably delay going to Ramat Gan until the war is over... in the last Gulf War, the majority of Saddam's scuds landed in Ramat Gan...

#40     Feb 24, 2003