israel

Discussion in 'Hook Up' started by mrmoose, Jan 27, 2003.

1. sababa

sababa

I pay about $50 per month and that includes the charges from Bezeq (the phone company) and Barak (my ISP). That's it.

The connection is excellent. I don't know who told you otherwise. The phone lines here are some of the best in the world.

I get my data from e-signal and I use PATS for execution. I have never noticed a lag in data at all.

I trade the e-minis, but a few years ago, I traded stocks with Lieber & Weissman. Once I was on the phone with Gene Weissman and we timed my order entry with me saying, "NOW" and him saying "GOT IT" almost instantaneously. And I only had ISDN then. He told me that he wouldn't get an order from across the street any faster.

It seems your potential client has erroneous information. I can't say that Barak is the best, but it's pretty good. Netvision is also good and he should check with both of them.

Hope this helps.

#21     Feb 4, 2003
  2. sababa

sababa

I'm not near either of those places. I'm in the north.

#22     Feb 4, 2003
  3. Thanks!

#23     Feb 5, 2003
  4. I'm curious what US market hours are over there... i suppose I could look it up, but I needed some excuse to say 'Israel rocks.'

America rocks, too, btw, according to Ted Nugent. And I agree with him. But that's another thread. {/off topic}

#24     Feb 5, 2003
  5. sababa

sababa

We're 7 hours ahead of EST (GMT +2). That's means 9:30 a.m. is 4:30 p.m. here, so regular trading hours are 4:30-11:00. You don't have to be an early-riser to be a trader here.

Of course you can always trade the DAX if you want more normal hours....

If you can think of another question, you can say "Israel rocks" again.

#25     Feb 5, 2003
  6. *****
    Sababa;
    Since you asked [ chasinfla] for another question; Do you get CNBC there???:cool:

Art Cashin [CNBC] quote ''Short sellers help fuel the rally'' Apparently in response to everyone at CNBC calling downtrends ''bad''

#26     Feb 7, 2003
  7. When I was visited Israel, I saw that that CNBC was in fact available as a premium cable channel.

#27     Feb 7, 2003
  8. that would be pretty crazy trading 11:30 - 4:00 p.m.
    .......then again it might be very cool

#28     Feb 8, 2003
  9. sababa

sababa

Yes, it's on cable.

#29     Feb 8, 2003
  10. sababa

sababa

It's 4:30 to 11:00, not 11:30 to 4:00.

#30     Feb 8, 2003