Israel will fall in 20 years says the CIA

Discussion in 'Politics' started by sameeh55, Mar 21, 2009.

1. fhl

fhl

The people in western countries who hope for Israel's demise are generally the same people that think the oceans will rise and wipe us all out anyway, so what do they care if Israel has it's way in the middle east for a few more years?

Maybe they just aren't able to process two thoughts at the same time.

#11     Mar 23, 2009
  2. jem

jem

I do not hope for Israel's demise. And I suspect they will be around as long or longer than the U.S.

I do hope they knock out the nuclear threats of their neighbors.

But, I have to question that economist blurb.

The pentium chip was developed in Israel?

What part of the chip?

The floating point error?

Intel grew out of other Silicon valley firms.
    its founders were well known guys.

It started as a DRAM maker and it started making processors long before the processors evolved into the Pentium.

Absent further explanation I would have question the credibility of that economist blurb. Its seems like bullshit to me because I realize at 45 years I might be getting long in tooth, but I had computers with the pre pentium processors in them.

I even had one of the defective pentiums.

#12     Mar 23, 2009
  3. jem

jem

The economist article claimed the Pentium to be an innovation devloped in Isreal. I balked at the concept because it seemed to be just one of many iterations of the intel chip that has driven pc s since the very early 80s.

That same wikipedia article supports my understanding.

"Its fifth-generation x86 microarchitecture (sometimes called P5) was a direct extension of the 80486 architecture with dual integer pipelines, a faster FPU unit, wider data bus, and features for further reduced address calculation latency. In 1996, the Pentium MMX was introduced with the same basic microarchitecture complemented with MMX instructions, larger caches, and some other enhancements."

Innovation seems to be a poor choice of words.

Partially designed would have been much more accurate.

#14     Mar 23, 2009
  4. sumosam

sumosam

Oh, the civil society that contravenes the Geneva Convention? Pleeeeeeeeeeeez!

Are you aware of the opposition to the past assault on Gaza? Are you aware that many jews are amongst these voices? Even Jews from Israel.

#15     Mar 24, 2009
  5. Perhaps, although the statement in the article was quite ambiguous and I did not read it the way you did to begin with. I don't think anyone is claiming that the Pentium processor was invented in Israel. It was not.

Pentium was introduced in 1993. The Pentium MMX version introduced in 1996 and multiple subsequent versions of Pentium were developed or included a huge number of innovations developed in Israel. And that's what the article was talking about although I do agree that the choice of words could have been better. The point is that an extremely significant role of the Israeli hi-tech industry in the development and innovation of Pentium chips is undeniable.
    http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/intel-drops-pentium-brand,1832-2.html

I balked at the concept because it seemed to be just one of many iterations of the intel chip that has driven pc s since the very early 80s.
    Yeah but those chips were not called Pentium.

#16     Mar 24, 2009
  6. sumosam

sumosam

The fortunes of Israel may be on the decline...perhaps due to a Bernie Madoff for one, also the enormous US debt will no longer support the Israeli war. Afghistan, or however it is spelt, will be the main battleground. Russians and Chinese want no part of US victory in this area.

#17     Mar 24, 2009
  7. Cutten

Cutten

Is this the same CIA that flubbed the 9/11 attacks, WMDs, and the likely outcome of the Iraq war?

If so, then Israelis have nothing to worry about for the next 2 decades at least.

#18     Mar 25, 2009
  8. jem

jem

your are an idiot.

I made a good bit of money trading isreal stocks particularly bio tech. My father still trades some israeli stocks and he made a small fortune with one.

I guy I traded with made a million trading comverse. so I looked it up.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Comverse_Technology

you might want to read about it before you pass judgment on the credibility of that economist blurb.

You seem to represent everything despicable about liberals. Every time someone points out about the truth about a minority group the brotherhood of victims screams out jew hater or racist. so now a person can't even point out the pentium chip might not have been invented in Isreal without getting a label.

good work dope.

#19     Mar 25, 2009
  9. blood stains are a bitch to take out.

#20     Mar 25, 2009