Israel nuking Iran this year

Discussion in 'Wall St. News' started by GordonTheGekko, Nov 7, 2011.

Will Isreal liquidate Iran in the near future?

Poll closed Feb 5, 2012.
  1. Yes, inevitable

8 vote(s)
    17.0%
  2. I won't be surprised if they do

13 vote(s)
    27.7%
  3. I will be surprised if they do

16 vote(s)
    34.0%
  4. No, never

10 vote(s)
    21.3%
  1. GordonTheGekko

GordonTheGekko Guest

Why's that? Iran sucks, namely the government, and if he's liquidated, that means a significantly lesser chance of a sum-of-all-fears vending machine nuke in the American Express tower lobby...

I bet that both the USA AND Russia would take shots at Iran at the first hint of trouble...

#11     Nov 7, 2011
  2. toc

toc

Why would Russia take shot at Iran?

If US takes shot at the Persians then it will be in the next year only after all American troops have left Iraq.

Israel might do something initially which can pull the US into the mess.

Makes no sense attacking the Persians just because they have nukes, makes all sense responding in the 10 times force, if they use one.

No country on earth should use nukes, as simple as that.

:D :cool: :p

#12     Nov 7, 2011
  3. should not.

but in reality, humans are extremly danerous and violent beings.

I guess havin Israel Shekel would be a good thing, should give it strong support, when their worst enemy is whipped out.....

#13     Nov 7, 2011
  4. Lucrum

Lucrum

I agree but most of roughly 1/4 of the world's population probably doesn't.

#14     Nov 7, 2011
  5. GordonTheGekko

GordonTheGekko Guest

Great point on troops being out of Iraq. One can only speculate if this is part of the reason behind the early pull out (earlier than announced)

#15     Nov 7, 2011
  6. WWIII means that world powers would be involved. What world power would go against us? We win a military victory and give the french, Chinese, and Russian energy contracts for not doing anything.

#16     Nov 7, 2011
  7. GordonTheGekko

GordonTheGekko Guest

+1

#17     Nov 7, 2011
  8. China would never enter into a war that doesn't involve them directly, they are too busy and committed to being the biggest world economic power.

There would be no WW3, Iran has nobody to back them up. Saudi Arabia, UAE, Turkey, Iraq, even Egypt would look the other way since they feel very threatened by Iran's growing military influence in the region.

If Israel does decide to a major strike, I hope they clean house. That means killing Ahmadinejad AND their spiritual leader Ayatollah Khomeini, as well as obliterate their Republican Guard. This would give a good chance for Iran's younger generation to take power as they are much more secular then previous generations.

#18     Nov 7, 2011
  9. Now that IS an interesting theory. I just hope something else can be worked out. IF Israel does attack Iran, a lot of innocent Iranian people would die, tons more hurt.
    I hope for better.

#19     Nov 7, 2011
  10. piezoe

piezoe

Things are winding down in both Iraq and Afghanistan, so it is definitely time to start another war. So wouldn't it make more sense for the U.S. to nuke Israel rather than Israel nuking Iran? Then Iran would love us, the Palestinians would love us, and Israel would leave us alone. Our moron politicians would finally be able to speak their minds without being accused of being antisemitic. We'd also be able to reduce our nuclear stockpile by 8 or ten warheads. Then we would have only 5,992 nukes left, tops. A stockpile reduction would be very well received by the other peace-loving, god-fearing, democratic nations, and they would love us just as much as we love ourselves -- well, maybe not quite that much.

#20     Nov 7, 2011