Israel is using Force Protection vehicles to roll into Gaza time to buy FRPT

Discussion in 'Stocks' started by Port1385, Jan 3, 2009.

1. Israel is now saying that there is absolutely zero possibility of a cease fire. Lines of armored vehicles are in the streets of Gaza.

#11     Jan 4, 2009
  2. The only reason that Force Pro would have a sustainable run up in stock price due to this confilict is if Palestine destroyed mass amounts of the Israeli MRAPs. Israel would then need to place more orders for MRAPs, and Force Pro might get a bump in price, but if they fail to deliver on time (see Boeing...2007-2008), they're gonna get fried.

If the thesis of buying stocks based on what we saw on TV really held, we'd all be trillionaires.

#12     Jan 4, 2009
  3. nursebee

nursebee

FRPT looks to me like it has broken out of consolidation. I dont care what the story is.

#13     Jan 4, 2009
  4. You act as if FRPT is the ONLY maker of armored (MRAP) vehicles that people can do business with.

General Dynamics, BAE, Lockheed-Martin, Navistar, and Oshkosh are also in the MRAP business.

You obviously fail to realize this.

#14     Jan 4, 2009
  5. You are saying that there is absolutely zero chance that more vehicles will not be ordered and with a line of armored vehicles entering the gaza strip??? The price of the stock is up 600% in the last few weeks. Someone has to know something. My god, there are lines of armored vehicles on television as I type this.

#15     Jan 4, 2009
  6. If it went up 600% in a week and suddenly somebody says it's going up more it's likely to be a pump and dump :)

#16     Jan 4, 2009
  7. Looks like someone just got caught holding the bag. LOL!

#17     Jan 4, 2009
  8. Some of you doubters are failing to realize what is going on here. The violence in Gaza only makes the argument for mine resistant vehicles greater. They will need more and lots of them.

Do you think Israel will simply stop purchasing these things?

#18     Jan 4, 2009
  9. btllines

btllines

You logic is flawed in that 1. Israel makes their own MRAPs, 2. you discount the fact that there are multiple MRAP makers, FPI of which is the smallest and can't handle any significant volume and 3. if the Israeli's were to purchase from an American firm it would make more sense for them to spend their money on Israeli technology, such as that being used by Navistar in their partnership with Plasan Sasa, an Israeli firm.

Nice try to pump though. Hope your losses aren't massive.

Looks to me like FRPT is going through a pump and dump right now as evidenced by tute sell-off's as well as the fact that FPI hasn't received any actual orders for any of their vehicles other than sustainment contracts for months upon months. Their MRAP production ceases in February, what then? A few buffalo orders? No thanks, FRPT had their run and it looks pretty much dead now.

Should've shorted it when the time was right instead of trying to pump up a dead stock now.

#19     Jan 5, 2009
  10. someone

someone

what a debacle

#20     Jan 5, 2009