Israel is "barking on the wrong tree"

Discussion in 'Politics' started by SouthAmerica, Oct 21, 2009.

1. .

aperson: So Israel vaporizing the entire middle east would be good for Brazil, Canada, Mexico, Venezuela... and therefore the US should go for it, right? LOL, you are an idiot.

SouthAmerica: I am an idiot?

I am just playing your game.

You are the person that said that Israel was going to vaporizing the entire middle east with their nukes.

And I could not resist the chance to say that it was good for Petrobras.

Are you serious? Do you really believe that Israel is capable of nuking the entire Middle East?

When you start saying that Israel is going to nuke Iran, or the entire Middle East then the only thing I can do it is laugh and make a joke of your BS.

You are the one who is talking about Israel nuking the entire Middle East and after that you still think that we are having a serious discussion?

I am just having fun with you and your silly arguments regarding Israel.

#31     Oct 25, 2009
  2. Yes you are an idiot and I was not playing a game, I was trying to explain to you why the US supports Israel and what might happen if this support is withdrawn. Obviously you're too dumb to understand it on your own or comprehend the explanation I gave.

#32     Oct 25, 2009
  3. .
    Aperson: So Israel vaporizing the entire middle east would be good for Brazil, Canada, Mexico, Venezuela... and therefore the US should go for it, right?

SouthAmerica: It is time for the United States to start getting smart and cut 100 percent the gravy train for Israel, and at the same time testing the Israelis bluff about nuking the Middle East into a crisp.

Aperson: LOL, you are an idiot. No wonder you were ridiculed and laughed at even on Dailykos where your anti-american, anti-western views are mainstream. Even they saw through your ignorance and stupidity.

Yes you are an idiot and I was not playing a game, I was trying to explain to you why the US supports Israel and what might happen if this support is withdrawn. Obviously you're too dumb to understand it on your own or comprehend the explanation I gave.

October 25, 2009

SouthAmerica: First, the people at the Dailykos banished me from that website because I was a die hard supporter of “Al Gore for president” all the way to the end, and most of the people who participated on the discussions on that web site were Barack Obama supporters.

Second, you wrote the following as the argument to justify that the gravy train should keep coming from the United States even though supporting Israel most of the time goes completely against the self-interests of the United States in that area of the world and you said: “without the US support Israel if cornered will simply turn the entire Middle East into a radioactive desert for several centuries and screw the oil prices... Need more reasons?”

I understood that the core of your argument is based on why the gravy train from the United States should continue indefinitely into the future, otherwise Israel is going to nuke the entire Middle East. That argument sounds like “Extortion and Black Mail” to me and nothing else.

I understand Israel’s position: Israel has a major incentive to keep a gigantic mess in the Middle East to continue as long as possible to guarantee that the gravy train keep coming to Israel from the United States on a regular basis.

I wonder if the American people are going to connect the dots some time in the future and realize the big mistake the United States have made in the last 40 years in supporting Israel so blindly and completely against the self-interest of the United States as a nation.

October 29, 2009

SouthAmerica: Regarding Israel’s addiction to the US gravy train I had posted the following on this forum “Middle East Meltdown” in July 2007:

July 30, 2007

SouthAmerica: $ 30 billion dollars in military aid – for a country smaller than New Jersey – and about $ 8 billion dollars of this aid it is in cash

For a country with a GDP of around $ 140 billion dollars – why make peace in the area and risk losing the free ride.

Israel government annual budget is around $50 billion dollars including defense spending of around $ 10.5 billion dollars.

You don’t have to be a rocket scientist to figure out that a large part of the defense spending from the Israeli government annual budget goes to pay salary for the soldiers, pensions, health care, maintenance of arsenal including the nuclear arms and so on….

After all these normal expenses there is not much money left to increase the Israeli destruction capabilities. That is where the US military aid comes handy – and most of the bombs, guided missiles, and god knows what else that have been killing thousands of people in the Gaza strip, in Lebanon and so on – the carnage and death toll in that area comes with the compliments of the United States government – and all these deadly weapons have the label “Made in USA”.

Israel have been receiving military aid from the United States since 1973 – adjusted for inflation and in terms of current dollars probably the United States have invested over $200 billion dollars in Israel during the period 1973 – 2007.

The American investments in Israel during all these years are paying great dividends just look around in that area of the world – Lebanon, Gaza Strip, Iraq and so on…

And we usually use “Enron” as an example of what looks like a bad investment in the USA.

What would have happened if instead of giving all this military aid to Israel during all these years if the money had been invested instead in education, and a Marshall plan to help lift all boats in that area of the world?

I don’t blame the Israelis from wanting to keep the gravy train coming.

"In my last meeting with the president of the United States, we agreed that the aid would stand at 30 billion dollars over the next 10 years, meaning over three billion dollars a year, starting next year," Olmert said.

…The military aid is made up of 75 percent US military hardware, ranging from ammunition to warplanes, with the other 25 percent in cash, which goes mainly towards securing new Israeli-made weapons.”

…US defence aid to Israel began in 1973 but a regular 10-year aid plan -- with the previous one expiring this summer -- was institutionalised in 1977 as part of the Egypt-Israel peace agreement, the official said.

#33     Oct 29, 2009
  4. a_person's style of debating

#34     Oct 29, 2009
  5. Continued;

Another method of debating by a_person

#35     Oct 29, 2009
  6. .
    October 29, 2009

SouthAmerica: Today I was watching the BBC News, and one of their main headlines was the usual propaganda to keep the gravy train coming to Israel.

They were showing a joint Israel/USA military exercise and they did highlight the potential of an Israeli strike in Iran and the possible retaliation from Iran.

The BBC News reporter also went aboard some US military ship and they were interviewing the Capitan of the ship and some bimbo that were next to him. I felt sorry for the Captain of that ship, because he is being used for propaganda purposes instead of having something more useful to do around the world.

This play has been running for a long time and the United States continues playing their usual role of a “Patsy” on this fiasco.

The Patsy’s character has been playing a very defined role all this time: A person easily taken advantage of, cheated, blamed, or ridiculed.

The other main character “Iran”: it was never been so easy to make a ton of money and they are laughing all the way to the bank with the compliments of President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad's rhetoric.

The third main character “Israel”: It has been playing the Patsy like a fiddle with its scare tactics, but at the end of the day the Patsy falls for it every time. It is like taking candy from a baby – and the gravy train continues because the Patsy is not able to connect the dots and realize that everything that he is doing on the advice of Israel is completely against his self-interest.

The sad part is that the “Patsy” has been trying to bring peace into the Middle East for many decades, but the “Patsy” is not smart enough to realize that as long the gravy train is going to Israel – then Israel has an incentive to sabotage any peace process, because the self-interest of Israel is focused in making sure that the gravy train keep coming and as long they can get away with it.

Americans can’t figure out a simple truth even to save their lives, but you don’t need to be a rocket scientist to figure out that the key to Middle East peace is for the USA to stop supplying the gravy train to Israel. No more gravy train, no more incentive to keep that mess going on forever…

Here is what I have posted a number of times on the last few years on this forum regarding Iran and its president Mahmoud Ahmadinejad:

December 6, 2007

SouthAmerica: As I mentioned before on this thread “every time you stop on a gas station to fill the tank of your car with gas – when the attendant comes to get your credit card or your cash you will remember that at that exact moment you are paying HOMAGE to Iran and to Venezuela – and to the incompetence and stupidity of George W. Bush”

And now according to the latest information from the US intelligence agencies - Iranian President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad's rhetoric about the status of Iran’s nuclear program plus his tough rhetoric about Israel it has turned out to be the biggest con-job of the new millennium.

I knew if Mahmoud Ahmadinejad and Hugo Chavez played their cards right they could talk the price of oil up and the experts say that there is at least US$ 30 Mahmoud Ahmadinejad rhetoric premium included on the price of a barrel of oil.

Talking about taking the United States for a ride to the tune of a few hundred billion US dollars – The Arab oil producing countries of the Middle East should send a commission to Mahmoud Ahmadinejad for a job well done since he helped these gulf state countries make a ton of money in extra oil revenues.

President Bush's credibility has reached a new low for warning as recently as October that Iran's nuclear prowess could ignite World War III.

And George W. Bush looks as foolish as ever to the rest of the world as Iran, Venezuela and many other oil producing countries are laughing all the way to the bank to the tune of hundreds of billions of US dollars – what a transfer of wealth from the United States and other countries to the oil producing countries around the world – with the compliments of Iran and Mahmoud Ahmadinejad and his rhetoric; no wonder Mahmoud Ahmadinejad always had a smile on his face – he knew he was taking the United States to the cleaners and all he had to do was push the right bottoms of that Pathetic man in Washington DC - The Decider.

I wonder if in future years they are going to use this special case study on the US graduate business schools to bring to the attention of students the transfer of hundreds of billions of US dollars to the oil producing countries caused by the Bush administration - and how easy it was to pull a major con-job in the most incompetent US government administration the United States ever had since 1776.

Aperson: So Israel vaporizing the entire middle east would be good for Brazil, Canada, Mexico, Venezuela... and therefore the US should go for it, right?

October 29, 2009

SouthAmerica: It is time for the United States to start getting smart and cut 100 percent the gravy train for Israel, and at the same time testing the Israelis bluff about nuking the Middle East into a crisp.

Aperson: LOL, you are an idiot. No wonder you were ridiculed and laughed at even on Dailykos where your anti-american, anti-western views are mainstream. Even they saw through your ignorance and stupidity.

Yes you are an idiot and I was not playing a game, I was trying to explain to you why the US supports Israel and what might happen if this support is withdrawn. Obviously you're too dumb to understand it on your own or comprehend the explanation I gave.

October 29, 2009

SouthAmerica: First, the people at the Dailykos banished me from that website because I was a die hard supporter of “Al Gore for president” all the way to the end, and most of the people who participated on the discussions on that web site were Barack Obama supporters.

Second, you wrote the following as the argument to justify that the gravy train should keep coming from the United States even though supporting Israel most of the time goes completely against the self-interests of the United States in that area of the world and you said: “without the US support Israel if cornered will simply turn the entire Middle East into a radioactive desert for several centuries and screw the oil prices... Need more reasons?”

I understood that the core of your argument is based on why the gravy train from the United States should continue indefinitely into the future, otherwise Israel is going to nuke the entire Middle East. That argument sounds like “Extortion and Black Mail” to me and nothing else.

I understand Israel’s position: Israel has a major incentive to keep a gigantic mess in the Middle East to continue as long as possible to guarantee that the gravy train keep coming to Israel from the United States on a regular basis.

I wonder if the American people are going to connect the dots some time in the future and realize the big mistake the United States have made in the last 40 years in supporting Israel so blindly and completely against the self-interest of the United States as a nation.

October 29, 2009

SouthAmerica: Regarding Israel’s addiction to the US gravy train I had posted the following on this forum “Middle East Meltdown” in July 2007:

July 30, 2007

SouthAmerica: $ 30 billion dollars in military aid – for a country smaller than New Jersey – and about $ 8 billion dollars of this aid it is in cash

For a country with a GDP of around $ 140 billion dollars – why make peace in the area and risk losing the free ride.

Israel government annual budget is around $50 billion dollars including defense spending of around $ 10.5 billion dollars.

You don’t have to be a rocket scientist to figure out that a large part of the defense spending from the Israeli government annual budget goes to pay salary for the soldiers, pensions, health care, maintenance of arsenal including the nuclear arms and so on….

After all these normal expenses there is not much money left to increase the Israeli destruction capabilities. That is where the US military aid comes handy – and most of the bombs, guided missiles, and god knows what else that have been killing thousands of people in the Gaza strip, in Lebanon and so on – the carnage and death toll in that area comes with the compliments of the United States government – and all these deadly weapons have the label “Made in USA”.

Israel have been receiving military aid from the United States since 1973 – adjusted for inflation and in terms of current dollars probably the United States have invested over $200 billion dollars in Israel during the period 1973 – 2007.

The American investments in Israel during all these years are paying great dividends just look around in that area of the world – Lebanon, Gaza Strip, Iraq and so on…

And we usually use “Enron” as an example of what looks like a bad investment in the USA.

What would have happened if instead of giving all this military aid to Israel during all these years if the money had been invested instead in education, and a Marshall plan to help lift all boats in that area of the world?

I don’t blame the Israelis from wanting to keep the gravy train coming.

"In my last meeting with the president of the United States, we agreed that the aid would stand at 30 billion dollars over the next 10 years, meaning over three billion dollars a year, starting next year," Olmert said.

…The military aid is made up of 75 percent US military hardware, ranging from ammunition to warplanes, with the other 25 percent in cash, which goes mainly towards securing new Israeli-made weapons.”

…US defence aid to Israel began in 1973 but a regular 10-year aid plan -- with the previous one expiring this summer -- was institutionalised in 1977 as part of the Egypt-Israel peace agreement, the official said.

#36     Oct 29, 2009
  7. .

October 30, 2009

SouthAmerica: I just realized that some members of this forum may not know what I mean by "gravy train".

"Gravy train" is an idiomatic expression that is used to refer to any lucrative endeavor, generally with unearned benefits.

In politics, "gravy train" refers to political handouts, patronage, and other unearned freebies, since someone else foots the bill.

#37     Oct 30, 2009
  8. .
    October 31, 2009

SouthAmerica: Today I was reading the latest issue of “The Economist” magazine dated October 31st – November 6th 2009 – and by pure coincidence they had an article about the “Jewish Lobby” in Washington D.C.

The article is about American Israel Public Affairs Committee (AIPAC) one of these organizations that were set up to hijack American foreign policy and influence US government policies to serve Israel’s interests.

The article said: AIPAC has an annual budget of around US$ 60 million, more than 275 employees, an endowment of over US$ 130 million and a new US$ 80 million headquarters building on Capitol Hill.

One of the major purposes of this organization is to make sure the gravy train keep coming from the United States to Israel on a regular basis.

No wonder the “Patsy” under the heavy influence of the “Jewish Lobby” keeps doing a lot of foolish things that goes completely against the self-interest of the United States.

#39     Oct 31, 2009
  9. .
    October 31, 2009

SouthAmerica: I was just coming home and I was listening to Bloomberg radio on my car when former Mayor Ed Koch of New York City was on giving his weekly commentary and opinion – and surprise, surprise what was the subject of this week’s commentary?

How the United States should continue protecting Israel from the potential annihilation coming from Iran.

When I was listening to his commentary I wonder why the entire “Jewish Lobby” machine is going the extra mile right now on their efforts to make a case that the United States should continue sending the gravy train to Israel?

#40     Oct 31, 2009