Israel is "barking on the wrong tree"

Discussion in 'Politics' started by SouthAmerica, Oct 21, 2009.

1. But he's Brazilian.
    Wait, wasn't it George W that gave palestine free elections, and they elected Hamas? Brilliant.

#11     Oct 23, 2009
  2. .
    Gio 2009: What's funny is that this guy seems to think he speaks for Brazil. He speaks collectively about what "Brazilians think".

October 23, 2009

SouthAmerica: About 2 ½ years ago I posted on this forum the position of the Brazilian government regarding Iran.

Since then the Brazilian government established even closer relations with the government of Iran.

And that’s a fact if you like it or not.

The United States is planning to attack Iran with Nuclear Weapons.
    http://www.elitetrader.com/vb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=67053&perpage=6&pagenumber=32

March 6, 2007

SouthAmerica: With the United States, and Israel trying very hard to start a war against Iran – it is clear to me that the Brazilian government is completely against such a war.

Brazil has good international relations with Iran, and Brazilians want to keep that way.

As the United States is forcing European countries (such as Germany) to stop trading with Iran and in the process making European businesses lose a lot of business from Iran – Brazil should step in and take this opportunity and sell everything in sight to Iran – from foodstuff to anything they need to keep their economy afloat.

The Brazilian economy certainly can take advantage of this opportunity for the creation of thousands of new jobs in Brazil related to the extra trade with Iran.

This trade opportunity with Iran can be worth billions of US dollars in extra international trade for Brazil.

Screw the economic and financial sanctions against Iran.

March 6, 2007

Enclosed information is from the Homepage of the:
    “Brazilian Embassy” in Iran.

The Brazilian Embassy in Tehran has launched its homepage with the intention to be a useful tool in the promotion of our bilateral relations with Iran. Although Brazil and Iran have enjoyed cordial and fruitful historic and diplomatic relations for more than a hundred years, Brazilians and Iranians still know little about each other.

The distance between the two countries, the cultural and historic experiences that naturally concentrate attention in the immediate geographical space of each nation, and the limited or distorted coverage of both countries by the international media are factors that contribute to this lack of mutual knowledge.

It is therefore my sincere wish and strong hope that through this webpage it will be possible to fill this gap so that Brazilians and Iranians could contact each other directly, not only to receive trade and tourism information, but also to experience the variety -and similarities- of the background information, in the fields of arts, economics, politics and scientific development, leading to a better understanding of each other nation.

Luiz Antônio Fachini Gomes
    Ambassador

Source: http://www.braziliran.com/

#12     Oct 23, 2009
  3. Gio 2009

Gio 2009

Wow, this guy is clearly some Brazil obsessed crackpot. He has deranged fantasies about being some Brazilian messiah. He thinks he speaks for Brazil as a nation, including commentary on what "Brazilians think". He posts "sources",links to sites which don't exist. He also thinks that having strong diplomatic ties with Iran is something to brag about. I'm not sure, but we have a new shinning star that will compete with Optional and Pabst for the coveted "most deranged crackpot" poster title on ET.

#13     Oct 24, 2009
  4. SouthAmerica comes here and posts a lot of stuff.. he's not wrong about a lot of it.. except it's bothersome, he's telling us stuff about how the US is getting more screwed as time passes.. we know that already.. but he's not here to warn us, he's here to gloat!

So screw you SA, I hope your lawn gets crabgrass... if you don't have crabgrass in Brazil yet, it can be arranged :p

#14     Oct 24, 2009
  5. Gio 2009

Gio 2009

I agree that the US is getting more screwed as time goes on, but Brazil isn't the beneficiary of it. It's still a 3rd world dump. He's strangely delusional. He seems like he fancies himself as some sort of journalist/ brazilian messiah. He thinks he collectively speaks for the citizens of Brazil. I'll bet the sizable brazilian Jewish community doesn't agree with him. Including many of the most notable brazilian scientists and the most successful business people , many of whom are Jewish, don't agree with him. I guess he doesn't consider them brazilian?? Anyhow, this messianic journalist and brazil obsession is just weird. Also, isn't the guy from New York? LOL. Such weirdos here.

#15     Oct 24, 2009
  6. #16     Oct 24, 2009
  7. Gio 2009

Gio 2009

HAHA. Good point.

#17     Oct 24, 2009
  8. .

October 24, 2009

SouthAmerica: Wow, this guy is clearly some Jewish obsessed crackpot, and he deserve the "most deranged crackpot" poster title on ET.

If you don’t believe me then just check the 25 postings that this posted on ET so far.

Talking about obsessed crackpot “Gio 2009” is the real deal and his postings don’t lie.

Gio 2009: I agree that the US is getting more screwed as time goes on, but Brazil isn't the beneficiary of it. It's still a 3rd world dump. He's strangely delusional. He seems like he fancies himself as some sort of journalist/ brazilian messiah. He thinks he collectively speaks for the citizens of Brazil. I'll bet the sizable brazilian Jewish community doesn't agree with him. Including many of the most notable brazilian scientists and the most successful business people , many of whom are Jewish, don't agree with him. I guess he doesn't consider them brazilian??

SouthAmerica: First, we don’t have a sizable Jewish community in Brazil, but we have a large German and Italian community in Brazil, since a large number of Germans, and Italians went to Brazil after WW I, and WW II.

We also have the largest community of Japanese in the world living outside Japan.

I grew up in Sao Paulo, S.P. Brazil and I remember very well how Brazilians in general feel towards the Jewish community.

We had some good friends who where Jewish, but our family was the exception since in general Brazilians discriminated against Jews in the same way Americans discriminate about black people in the USA, and many people in Brazil did not want to associate with Jews in any way.

If you want to get an idea of how Brazilians and most Latin Americans feel about Israel – there are various articles published by Brazzil magazine that would give you a very good idea – not only of Brazil, but also most of South America in general.

Here is just a recent example:

“Israel Still Financing and Promoting Repression in Brazil and Latin America.”
    Written by Jamal Juma
    Saturday, 01 August 2009
    Brazzil magazine
    http://www.brazzil.com/component/co...g-repression-in-brazil-and-latin-america.html

Hits: 2,731
    Comments: 95

Quoting from that thread: “I am sick and tired of listening anything about Israel.

The world does not revolve around Israel. There are more important things around the world than Israel.

I have tuned Israel off long time ago, and any time there is any news about Israel on TV - I change the channel.

Israel means nothing to me. I am a secular guy and I don't follow any religion.

I have been saturated of the Israel subject since the 1970's.

Enough, is enough....

I don't give a s**t about Israel.”

Gio 2009: Such weirdos here.

SouthAmerica: After reading some of your 25 postings I kind agree with you - You are a weirdo, and I wonder from where you came from…

#18     Oct 24, 2009
  9. .
    Mom0/pH0x: the real mistake israel has made here is giving a fuck about what brazil thinks... lol who gives a shit...

October 24, 2009

SouthAmerica: Brazil never gave a shit about Israel, and the truth is Israel means nothing to Brazil. Brazil has never had any relationship with Israel since the creation of Israel a few decades ago - if you want to believe it or not.

By the way, the only country in the Middle East that has a long history and great relations with Brazil going back a few decades has been Iraq and Saddam Hussein.

Brazil and Brazilians never cared about Israel, and as a matter of fact in the last year Brazil became a home for a number of Palestinians refugees.

If anything today Brazil care even less about Israel than ever before, since Brazilians have been watching what Israel have been doing to Lebanon, and to the people of Gaza.

If you want to learn a little more about Brazil and the Middle East then read the following article:

Building Bridges Between Brazil and the Arab World
    Written by Ricardo C. Amaral
    Brazzil magazine
    Tuesday, 26 October 2004
    http://www.brazzilmag.com/content/view/528/46/

… Brazil and Iraq

In the past, Brazil had a great business relationship with Iraq, and during the years 1976 to 1990 Iraq became one of the major importers of Brazilian products and services.

Brazil exported over US$ 30 billion dollars of goods and services to Iraq during that period, a volume of business larger than the business that Brazil had individually with any European country.

Iraq was the ideal partner for Brazil at that time, and the Brazilian Ambassador Paulo Tarso Flecha de Lima had been the great architect of this partnership when he lead various commercial trade missions to Baghdad...

#19     Oct 24, 2009
  10. .
    October 24, 2009

SouthAmerica: I live here in the United States for a long time and it does not make sense to me why the United States gives so much support to Israel in the Middle East? – Since supporting Israel goes completely against the self-interest of the United States in that region of the world.

Israel has manipulated the politicians in Washington long enough, and it is time for the United States disconnect itself from Israel and pursue new policies that support its self-interest in that area of the world.

Supporting Israel has been a losing proposition in every sense for the United States for a long time, and it is time to get wise and move in a new direction. Only FOOLS would continue on that same old path into nowhere…

#20     Oct 24, 2009