Israel: Iran sending warships to Mediterranean Sea

Discussion in 'Economics' started by bearice, Feb 16, 2011.

1. #41     Feb 17, 2011
  2. Noone jumped the gun.
    They canceled and then canceled the cancellation. that is the way the Iranians do things. They go out of their way to piss everyone off and be as unpredictable as possible. Trying to show everyone they do what they want.
    The same with the nuclear inspections. They allow the inspectors in and promise to show them a facility, but cancel at the last minute, etc.
    The issue with warship is that it is basically parking a hostile ship on Israel's back door, and they might be bringing cargo to Hezbollah in Lebanon, and they might be carrying short range missiles which enables them to reduce the flight time so much that it makes it near impossible for Israel to react quickly even with advance radar warning.

#42     Feb 17, 2011
  3. There will not be two sides wiping each other out.
    Israel will send Iran back to the Stone Age with the full support of almost every other Arab country in the region.
    The only problem might be Egypt. Mubarak did not support Iran, but of course he is not running the show, and if there is enough popular support, the military might feel forced to act, and while the Egyptian army is not especially well trained, it is very large.

#43     Feb 17, 2011
  4. Two israeli submarines had before passed the canal to red sea. No one at that time made a big deal.. Why we make a big deal this time.

#44     Feb 17, 2011
  5. They were beaten by Lebanon in 2006, and just yesterday Lebanon has threatened to occupy israel's north if Israel initiates a war against Lebanon.

If Israel is 3rd and is scared of little lebanon, then what is the rank of Iran, Russia, UK, and USA, etc?

#45     Feb 17, 2011
  6. GTS

GTS

http://www.globalfirepower.com/ ranks Israel as 11th, I would like to see a reasonable cite that ranks them 3rd.

#46     Feb 17, 2011
  7. Milton Bradley..... yessssss my favorite toys were from Milton Bradley. Sure is alot of radical talk going on here, violence is never the answer.

Someone is trying to get a war going here, which leads me to believe this will give the Fed cover for more QE. They must have that cover, so stay sharp and pay attention fellow traders.

#47     Feb 17, 2011
  8. Let me explain heaven and hell to you. When you go to heaven it's like being in a good dream and the dream lasts forever.

Going to hell is like being trapped in a real bad dream, and not being able to escape.

Now when you lay down tonight and fall fast asleep tell me what you saw in your dream, nite nite.

#48     Feb 17, 2011
  9. GTS

GTS

Let me explain to you what happens when you die: Nothing.

#49     Feb 17, 2011
  10. :D Cold, harsh reality.

#50     Feb 17, 2011