Israel: Iran sending warships to Mediterranean Sea

Discussion in 'Economics' started by bearice, Feb 16, 2011.

1. rcj

rcj

2. Because you have 127 posts I will tell you something ( I bet that you will not understand why 127... I hope to be wrong ).
    YOU ARE A FUCKING IDIOT.

#32     Feb 17, 2011
  3. the1

the1

This would hardly be a 7 day war and the US would most certainly get involved.

#33     Feb 17, 2011
  4. They were close to War.

Israel Warns It Might Act on Iranian Warships Passing Through Suez Canal

Israel is monitoring two Iranian warships about to pass through the Suez Canal for Syria and warn they might act.

The Israeli Navy will be tracking the two warships as they cross the Suez Canal for the Mediterranean Sea, according to defense officials.

Israel's Defense Minister Ehud Barak said in a statement that it had alerted "friendly nations" about the warships, Reuters reports.

Israel's Foreign Minister Avigdor Lieberman says that "Israel cannot ignore these provocations," according to ynetnews.com.

http://www.foxnews.com/world/2011/02/16/israel-warns-act-iranian-warships-passing-suez-canal/#

#34     Feb 17, 2011
  5. It could ALL :D be over!

I like that :D

#35     Feb 17, 2011
  6. What planet are you living on?

#36     Feb 17, 2011
  7. ElCubano

ElCubano

It depends what our definition of "destroyed" is. For some people it is missing out on American Idol.

#37     Feb 17, 2011
  8. “Two Iranian warships have withdrawn their application to to sail through the Suez canal after Israel described the move as a provocation.
    An unnamed canal official told the Associated Press no reason was given for the decision.
    The official identified the two vessels as a frigate and a supply ship, and said they were en route to Syria. He said they were now in an area near the Red Sea port city of Jeddah, in Saudi Arabia.
    Egypt's official Mena news agency, however, quoted Ahmed al-Manakhly, a senior Suez canal official, as denying that the waterway's management had received any requests by Iranian warships to sail through the canal.
    On Wednesday night, the Israeli foreign minister, Avigdor Lieberman, told a conference of American-Jewish organisations in Jerusalem that the two vessels were due to pass through the Suez canal.”

http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2011/feb/17/israel-iranian-warships-suez-canal

Everybody calm down. It’s fake news. The Israelis just jumped the gun on this one. See where it says…

“Egypt's official Mena news agency, however, quoted Ahmed al-Manakhly, a senior Suez canal official, as denying that the waterway's management had received any requests by Iranian warships to sail through the canal.”

Besides even if it was true, I’m not entirely sure why it would be a provocation to Israel..!?

#38     Feb 17, 2011
  9. Aaaaaaaaaand we're back:

"A similar plan was announced on Wednesday but then canceled.

However, English-language Press TV subsequently quoted an official as saying the deployment was back on."

source:
    http://www.reuters.com/article/2011/02/17/us-iran-warships-suez-idUSTRE71G3VZ20110217

------------------------------------------------------------------

come on, fight, fight, fight

please God, let these two morons try and wipe eachother out, and pull the world into a new world war.

#39     Feb 17, 2011
  10. ...LOL... :D

I'm really starting to worry about the reliability of the media... :p
    Or maybe they really did change their minds and then change their minds again...?:eek: :confused:

#40     Feb 17, 2011