Israel Commits Genocide

Discussion in 'Politics' started by DrawDown, Jun 28, 2006.

1. Sam123

Sam123 Guest

#41     Jun 29, 2006
  2. RobMc

RobMc

dddooo

You seem to be confusing terror with terrorism. I didn't say state sanctioned "terrorism". It is obvious you see things in simple terms and are unable or unwilling to distinguish between terror and terrorism. Terrorising does not necessarily require killing and so in this case the wider civilian population is definitely being terrorised and it is deliberate. I disagree with terrorising civilians particularly where it is state sanctioned. States should be held to higher account in my opinion otherwise you are the moral equivalent of those you are fighting. That view isn't terribly fashionable atm but it is one that was born from the terror of WWII and imo is still as valid today. You can wrap it up in ad hominem attacks if you like but so far you do not seem to have put forward any consistent argument as to why Israel should pursue this particular policy. If there had been an attack against militants then this ridiculously titled thread would never had been started and very little of my criticism would be relevant. I know you blindly defend Israel no matter what and in no way have any kind of balanced view while at the same time criticising me on the basis of not having a balanced view. Even accounting for your fanaticism it does seem odd that you make no distinction between this and any other military action when it is so clearly wider and more devastating in scope for the general population.

#42     Jun 29, 2006
  3. No I am not but you're deliberately trying to obfuscate the difference by using the word "terror" whether it's applicable or not and trying hard to imply that what Israel does is somehow illegal or violates international treaties. The word "Terrorizing" in the sense that you are using it is purely emotional, not legal category, you could have said "intimidating palestinians" instead of saying "terrorizing them" if you wanted to avoid the ambiguity. My boss, my wife, my neighbor's dog may be terrorizing me but that does not amount to an international incident or criminal activity and does not involve the Geneva Convention.

DELIBERATELY KILLING CIVILIANS IS ILLEGAL AND ISRAEL DOES NOT, PALESTINIANS DO. You're yet to dedicate a thread or a post to criticizing them for murdering israelis, all your efforts are directed at criticizing Israel for scaring poor palestinians.

#43     Jun 29, 2006
  4. It all comes down to this, and really nothing more needs to be, can be, said.

#44     Jun 29, 2006
  5. RobMc

RobMc

"The word "Terrorizing" in the sense that you are using it is purely emotional, not legal category"

Yikes, more personal attacks without actually saying what you think about it. And why do you think starting threads or not on ET validates or invalidates an opinion. You need to get out more. You also need to concentrate more on what you're saying rather than making assumptions about what I say because what you do say is wrong anyway so here's some homework :-

http://www.genevaconventions.org/

but just a little quote (with my highlight to help you)

"The civilian population is protected under the Geneva Conventions and these protections are not affected by the presence of combatants in the population. (Protocol I, Art. 50, Sec. 3)

These protections include the right to be free from attacks, reprisals, acts meant to instill terror, and indiscriminate attacks. Civilian populations must not be used as civilian shields. (Protocol I, Art. 51)"

Do you think that what Israel has done so far was meant to instill happiness and wellbeing in the civilian population???

Have a good evening, I'm off to read my Terrorist Sympathisers Handbook with a glass of wine.

#45     Jun 29, 2006
  6. RobMc

RobMc

dddooo

Hmmmmm .................. one final simple question :-

Do you think that the terrorists who carry out the atrocities in Israel and took this young man hostage are synonymous with the general palestinian civilian population?

#46     Jun 29, 2006
  7. Pabst

Pabst

Most polls indicate a slight majority of Palestinians support suicide bombing in Israel. The election of Hamas is also another clear sign of intent.....

#47     Jun 29, 2006
  8. That's nonsense taken completely out of context, Israel does not instill happiness but that does not mean they instill terror either, they are not arresting, attacking, hurting or intimidating palestinian civilians even today, they are not involved in inidiscriminate attacks or random murders, not a single civilian was killed, wounded, arrested or even kicked out of his house. Israel does and always will retaliate and will do whatever's necessary to protect their citizens but accusing them of terror and indiscriminate killings is absurd.

#48     Jun 29, 2006
  9. Hmm, they elected Hamas, did not they, they glorify suicide bombers, name their streets and squares after them, what do you expect me to think?

BTW I believe they had two hostages, they killed one of them yesterday.

#49     Jun 29, 2006
  10. Considering the ties that the militant group that kidnapped the soldier have with Hamas, and the fact that Hamas won by a landslide in the most recent elections, I would say that the general population supports this type of activity more than you may want to admit.

#50     Jun 29, 2006