Isolationism

Discussion in 'Politics' started by bobcathy1, Feb 15, 2003.

1. bobcathy1

bobcathy1 Guest

We are for isolationism for the US.
    Let the other countries fight their own wars.
    Let the other countries find other financial aid.

We say.....
    Tighten up the borders of the US.
    Improve our defenses.
    Spend all our money on own problems.

Screw the rest of the world!

Bob and Cathy

2. impetus

impetus

Samedi 15.FEBRIER 2003. Palais Des Nations Unies à Nouvelle
    York. DEBACLE DES ETATS UNIS ET DE LA GRAND BRETAGNE
    VIS-A-VIS DU MONDE ENTIER. LA LANGUE FRANCAISE EST SUR
    LA BONNE ROUTE A DEVENIR A NOUVEAU LA PREMIERE LANGUE
    ET CULTURE UNIVERSELLE.

3. Sounds to me like you have been tuning into the hate monger, Michael Savage. Michael Savage is a fascist, and what he preaches is hate and bigotry, not positive solutions. You can hear the hatred in his voice.

Isolationism? That may have worked in the old days, but with the advent of terrorism, long range weapons of mass destruction, the internet as a way of life, globalization of industry, and the need for us to sell out goods and services to the rest of the world, I think your response is a typical reactionary response.

During times of fear and uncertainty, people naturally gravitate in their minds to times in the past where there was less fear and greater feelings of peace. People want to regain control in their lives, and isolationism appeals as a solution to regain control.

Someone has to be blamed, and during these periods we must find scapegoats to focus that blame on.

When you and Bob get in a fight, is the answer isolationism, or is the answer discussion and working through the problems together?

We must face facts, that we are not in Kansas anymore, and really there is no way to turn back the clock and go back to the land of cotton, where old times there are not forgotten.....

4. a) Women always think they are right in the end.

b) Negotiations with Women never succeed until they get what they want.

c) If you don't give into a woman's demands, they will make you suffer.

SOUNDS LIKE TERRORISM TO ME!

5. nitro

nitro

It is? Well, at least the French think so but they are in a minority.

nitro

6. okwon

okwon

Isolationism sounds cool, but it won't work anymore. Economies are globalizing. Weapons technology is getting too advanced. Whether we choose to pay attention to it or not, the threat will be there. We can't just block out the rest of the world entirely because we need to trade with other countries to survive. I am not a big fan of world policing, but I just don't see how isolation would be possible in this day and age.

7. Truly pathetic. What's the source?

8. Saturday 15 February 2003. Palate Of The United Nations With NewYork.

DEBACLE OF THE UNITED STATES AND GREAT BRITAIN WITH RESPECT TO THE WHOLE WORLD. The FRENCH LANGUAGE IS ON THE RIGHT ROAD TO BECOME THE NEW PREMIERE LANGUAGE AND UNIVERSAL CULTURE.

Is this the correct translation?

9. Except for the "palate" part - I guess it's close enough for government work.

10. bobcathy1

bobcathy1 Guest

Actually, Bob thinks Rush Limbaugh and Gordon Liddy are right.
    Cathy is a lilly livered liberal pacifist.

Opposites do attract in this case. We are on very opposite poles politically. But we have other things in common.....

However both of us wonder if it causing more harm than good for the US to put it's nose in the world's business. Seems like we get a lot of grief and no thanks at all.

I know everything is global now. It just is frightening to think if we attack Iraq, the harm it is going to cause us. It will be open season on America from all sides.

#10     Feb 15, 2003