ISO Trading Operation to Join

Discussion in 'Professional Trading' started by Ironplates, Mar 10, 2020.

1. I have experience and track record trading the 07 to 09 crash and generated 120% annual returns. I am looking to work with a trading operation that values technical analysis or is open to utilizing such a skill set. I have a series 86 via exemption by passing CFA level 2. Experienced with Ninja Trader Platform and its trade automation, Interactive Brokers, Trade Station, Etrade, Ameritrade, Fidelity Active Trader. Have access to AI/ML technologist if needed, but I do not code. Have securities analysis and fundamental analysis capabilities as needed. I strongly prefer to evaluate price action. I can identify trade entry parameters for traders to execute on if needed or preferred.

I use market structure, trade location, and risk management in all trades. Trades must be at least 3X risk. I can trade all periodicities. Prefer to hold overnight and longer term and like the use of single leg options, especially puts in chaotic market situations when short selling is not available.

Since 2012, I have been trained by Tim Morge via Roger Babson and Alan Andrews material using a method that has 80% probability of the path of price.

I can trade equities, futures and options. I am looking for remote work. Please contact me for more details or introductions.

2. newwurldmn

newwurldmn

You know how to use Etrade?

That is impressive.

3. Not as impressive as your observation. No one can deny that when electronic trading first started, Etrade was a start on the retail side. At least it didn't crash like RobinHood trading. Knowing where to enter a trade matters more to me than skill on a platform.

qlai likes this.
  4. rb7

rb7

You have generated 120% return?
    Yearly, monthly, over x period?
    Trading what?
    Paper trading, or with real money?
    The 07 to 09 crash, but what about the rest?

We need more meat here.

5. ajacobson

ajacobson

Two great shops right in your backyard - and half the trading world is moving there. IM me after you've tried them.

Ironplates likes this.
  6. kmiklas

kmiklas

If you're hitting 120% returns, start a hedge fund.

Ironplates and dreadp like this.
  7. That's EXACTLY what I am doing. The capital raising is the challenge. Running the kitchen as the chef, and being the server at the same time can ruin the meal, let along burn the food or the entire kitchen.

Fund Style: Opportunistic
    2 Year Lock Up
    100k min
    200/25 quarterly watermark (none of this 150/10/20) stuff
    3 Year Founders Incentive 20/10/0 which really is just a discount on fees.
    10 slots to fill.
    Solicitors get 20/20 perpetually
    That should be enough to launch.

Yes. The aim on this fund is sustainable returns. realistically 10-20% a year might be more sustainable especially as the capital base increases.

Trade Capital Allocation (Position Limits) is a concern. Any Feedback on this. Max 3%-10% of capital per position. I don't want to hold more than 10 positions.

Trades must be 3x the risk or Better. That way if I'm wrong 2/3 at least I break even.

Do you know of any investor sources that are interested in an early seed stage emerging manager? I was just thinking that working at a more established operation first might help me get funded and have more operational infrastructure....because using RobinHood platforms are just not going to be acceptable.

I did 100%+yr in crash because I was more tape reader, emotion than system and aggressive position limits via single leg options. Selling the Banks before the MBS Crisis totally off tape reading, not news. I found myself short in names like GS, Wash Mutual, just before the drops. I was an arrogant ass too.

I'd Probe 5% then add 20%, 40% of capital into winning trade. This is no longer my method.

My method now is ALL IN at entry with good trade location, no chasing of price or momentum. God Bless anyone that gets more out the trade, my focus is getting the risk adjusted return.

Last edited: Mar 11, 2020
  8. kmiklas

kmiklas

:confused::wtf:
    Heh... you are basically talking about an unsecured loan for playing the market. You'd better have a consistent 2-5 year history of returns > 12%. A loan officer might be a little hesitant to sign... Would you cut someone a check to speculate?! :wtf:

Unless your financier is your mother, this would definitely be a HIGH risk loan, and expect to pay a premium; annually 12-20% annually, so you're pretty deep in the hole out of the gate... unless you want to secure it with your house... eek!! :confused:

There are organizations who will give you 100K to trade with, but it will be on their equipment and you make a commission on your profits. If you go down by 2% a flag is raised.

If you really want to incorporate a hedge fund, you can probably find a lawyer or other partner, but they'll take 40% or more of the shares right off the top.

9. qlai

qlai

Isn't it easier to join a prop firm?

10. I have all legal docs from the industry and past funds I've interviewed. Experience operating in a chaotic market trumps operating in a market where "everyone is genius on the way up". Most hedge funds are closet mutual funds that have no skill in trading short. I'm slating to Opportunistic model, and might even consider going pure hedge fund play [Jones Model].

As far as me being the loan collateral. I would argue that my ability to maintain collateral value in a challenging economic environment would be better than typical PP&E collateral anyway. So I'm not gonna discount my skill.

#10     Mar 11, 2020