Isn't this all just BS?

Discussion in 'Professional Trading' started by paysense, Aug 18, 2007.

1. Thanks for offering a bit of insight otc.

OTM bearish call spreads have been working for me lately. Especially when we were still close to an expiration.

I'm doing AAPL and RIMM but would like to diversify out of Nasdaq 100 stocks. (Hence the financial stock opportunities.)

QQQ spreads work but bid/ask spreads on other indexes presents an added hurdle.

I'd like to diversify more with bearish/short-style trades...but individual stocks are more risky than an index.

I wouldn't mind trading mini's (?) but I shy away from the more "day-trading" scenarios in favor of the more hedged spreads/time decay trades.

Too bad I can't set up a spread with these instruments.

Also, I can get the general market trend well enough and was wondering if anyone knows of an 'analysis program' that gives a streaming screen of stocks and indexes as they "waddle" in a particular direction - that perhaps give a numerical value when price is at outside range of band and has a good probability of then ranging toward the other side of the band.

Extreme oppurtunities can be selectied say on average a couple of handfuls of times each week with 5x leverage, synced input of stop and programmed adding to the position and perhaps a "rolling stop". This type of trading I think is called "scalping".

What do ya'll commonly use?

I could probably write this program but not sure what to base it on: "bollinger bands"?

Gilbert aka Paysense

#11     Aug 19, 2007
  2. probably be good with with some FED/DSL or any other souther cal s&l (Mar 08s or Jan 09's

#12     Aug 19, 2007
  3. ...if you say so.

I just found ETF's, well at least SPY that has decent bid/ask spreads that I am assuming I can contstruct spread trade from.

Now I just need a list of ETF's. Since I know TA well enough, I can only hope the bid/ask spreads are just as favorable.

gA

s&l's??

#13     Aug 19, 2007