Isn't the "Fiscal Cliff" the Best Thing for America?

Discussion in 'Economics' started by oldtime, Nov 8, 2012.

1. Humpy

Humpy

It amazes me how easy going you guys are on the chumps that made the mess.
    If a kid steals $100 worth of liquor from the corner shop, he goes to prison but if politicians etc. throw billions of your money down the drain, they retire off with big fat pensions as a reward ? Or in this case get elected to have another go.

Make an example of someone to teach the idiots that they cannot get away with sinking a whole country imho. Or don't you care ?

#31     Nov 9, 2012
  2. This mess was created by voters.

#32     Nov 9, 2012
  3. S2007S

S2007S

I find it pathetic that no one cares, just step outside and ask people if they really know whats going on, I would say about 90% of the people have no clue what kind of economical mess this country is in, as long as they can dine at the cheesecake factory, still get the best beer on tap, shop at lord and taylor, macys, numerous malls and lease a bmw for $394 a month whats the big deal. As long as BUBBLE ben bernanke keeps interest rates low and pumps the system with more QE there are no worries but of course that doesnt last forever. Will be interesting to see the answers to these questions about where this fiscal cliff is heading.

#33     Nov 9, 2012
  4. no, but the one that kind of surprised me, after travelling all over the word, someone asked Hillary Clinton what the greatest threat to the US was, and she replied, "The debt."

#34     Nov 9, 2012
  5. mutluit

mutluit

After Obama's speech to the nation today it is glass clear: the riches will be slaughtered on 1/1/2013 :)
    I guess all are planning to move to Singapore to escape the slaughtering... :)

#35     Nov 9, 2012
  6. Don't they need to change the way healthcare is "sold" if people know what it will cost them up front they would have a chance to say no. When I go to a doctor for something they just say we are going to do this this and this and I'm just like uhh ok. Then my insurance co tells me what I'll owe after the fact. The problem is so fucked up it is hard to wrap my mind around it. Just wait, I think this year the whole medical coding system is being over hauled and there are going to be errors out the ass.

Maybe tort reform and lengthening patents might be an easier place to start.

#36     Nov 9, 2012
  7. I don't know that much about it, but I think piezoe is right. There is a real problem with healthcare. Solving that problem would be a hell of a lot better than trying to figure out how much rich people should pay in taxes. I'm not really going broke because Warren Buffet doesn't pay a lot of taxes, but this medicare is killing me. I love you mom, but I'm just not sure I can keep doing this.

#37     Nov 9, 2012
  8. ElCubano

ElCubano

if a bank leaves its vaults open and people walk in and take whatever they want, who will the shareholders hold responsible?

#38     Nov 9, 2012
  9. ElCubano

ElCubano

I hope i uploaded corect one...

#39     Nov 9, 2012
  10. Completely different scenario.

Voters intentionally and consciously and repeatedly voted in "bread and circuses" candidates, despite having a plethora of options. going on four decades now.

#40     Nov 9, 2012